London Marathon

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by error_unknown, Apr 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst cycling in the direction of my physio this morning, having booked a pre- marathon sport massage, I got knocked off my bike in Hyde Park. After executing a nifty triple-back salko over the handlebars, I came to rest against a cast-iron bollard. Apart from some grazes and contusions, regrettably I discover that I have also broken my right shoulderblade (much to the excitement of the a & e and orthopaedic bods at the Chelsea & Westminster hospital), thus no Marathon this year. I must therefore apologise to those of you who very kindly pledged or donated money in sponsorship to the ABF. When I am less high on painkillers, I will find out what happens re the 'donation' money, as opposed to the pledges which obviously now won't be taken.

:(

2. The timing is suspicious if you ask me.

How many attempts did it take before it broke?

3. Did you get the minicab to reverse a couple of times until the angle was right? :twisted:

No problem you can still put my donation to charridy

Why not borrow a wheelchair and get you mutt to pull you round the course while you impersonate Terri Schiavo:wink: :lol:

4. Eye witness statements swear that the car was swerving like mad to avoid you, but you kept trying to cylcle under it's wheels, shouting.

"I'VE GOT TO GET A BLIGHTY"

5. Hard luck Chickenpunk. That's a real bugger.
    I got a fairly bad muscle injury a while ago, because I overloaded on my training, but I'm still managing to drag myself round with an assurance there will be no permanent damage. ;)
    I'll be the guy struggling to keep up with the loony in the rhino costume!
    Still, doesn't this mean you'll have an assured place next year CP?

6. I cant see the problem, its your shoulder, not your legs. Get some Brufen down your neck, and crack on. :wink:

7. Bad luck CP. Is your entry to the marathon transferable?

8. Yes, the entry can be held over to next year so that will be fine. Actually it was a pedestrian who took me out, a fecking Italian tourist who stepped out of a big gaggle of them right in the middle of a cycle path, and clipped me with his shoulder. The fecker gave me a wad of kleenex and then took off, leaving me to hobble two miles to the hospital.

9. Italian eh?

Must have been a professional hit then :lol: :wink:

10. What a puffy excuse!

Good job Private Beharry didn't take the chicken punk approach

Hardly the dunkirk spirit is it? not what won two world wars and a Falklands campaign....

I'd pen a verse but I can't think of anything that rhymes with 'Backsliding welshman' :D :D

11. You mean an I-tie has actually managed to inflict some sort of damage... Shocking.

12. Bugger, I was going to give you a £1000 per mile (non transferable)

13. You can always give it to me instead Akira.
    :D

14. As a means of making amends and increasing revenue for the ABF and SSAFA I reckon Chickenpunk could nosh binmen in an effort to keep his street cred for being pummelled by a dago.

If he volunteers to do this I will make a large donation......... in the form of a video to all his old service comrades :D

15. Fancy all that training, all that reducing down to 40 fags per day and no more than 8 cans per night. What a waste. Can I do your Canada trip for you?