London marathon, good luck to all Arrsers participating.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Goatman said:
Roiinek, you are so full of sh7t it probably leaks out of your open toed Jesus boots when you walk......

nice trolling.

Paula Radcliffe just whupped the best female runners in the world for the third time of asking, despite stopping to take a leak at mile 20.

The best British Service runner I know of in this year's race got round in 2:20.....er three minbutres behind Paula

She's running 5 minute miles at 25 miles into the race...you would be alongside me in the gutter puking your guts out...this is one tough chick.
The fact that she's one of the most down to earth ordianbry people you could meet to talk to is a bonus.

buckaroo, you ain't fit to clean the streets after she glides by :lol:

if you think it isn't so , then put your money where your gobshite mouth is and run the race with me next year! I can gurantee you a place with Combat Stress or BLESMA 8)

Paula, you go girl...we are not worthy !

Le Chevre
Goatman, I'm not debating the fact that she's a damn good runner, just her back problem.
It seems she has no bone in it when it comes to pushing herself for others, (by which I mean her country or a charity,) but can really dig deep when her bank balance is involved.

She didn't pull finger in the Olympics, thereby taking the place of a more worthy athlete.

In short she's an excellent runner, but still a jack sow.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cutaway said:
Goatman said:
She didn't pull finger in the Olympics, thereby taking the place of a more worthy athlete.
You miss the point - there is NOBODY else in British women's Athletics who runs at this level....who would have taken her place ? The only way we could have subbed Radcliffe in Athens would have been to grant Okayo, Chepchumba, Constantina-Dita and Chepkemai British passports
( well hell it worked for Zola Budd didn't it ?) 8)

Read her book - then tell me if she 'jacked' because she has no spine.

As Michael Moore would say: " Shame on you Mister Cutaway" - and the offer to run next year's alongside you stands.

( mind you, I guess with four legs I've got the advantage :wink: )

Le Chevre

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ah, but Zola Budd changed back again when it suited her - can't trust these turncoats you know !

I reckon Slacker's got enough dosh without me adding to her royalties, but I'll see if any mates have a copy.
It still won't change the fact that she jacked twice when there was no purse.

Alas your point of view was doing well until you dragged Michael Moore into the equation - he lies more than Bliar ! 8O
If that's possible.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cutaway said:

Alas your point of view was doing well until you dragged Michael Moore into the equation - he lies more than Bliar ! 8O
If that's possible.
yeah - I should have added the very necessary [on irony]....[/irony off] meta controls really.....