London Marathon 09. Whos Doing It?

#1
Anyone else on here doing it this year? Want to share injury woes and moans about the weather. Then this will be our griping place!
Personally I start my training today and always shudder when I look at the training schedule I've got up in my kitchen. Still only 3 months to go!
 
#5
exnorthener said:
i started training last week, so far not too bad! jsut trying to get into the swing of things again!

good job the weather is on our side
Don't know where you live but I've just been out in a Force 10!!
 
#6
was in the yorkshire dales at the weekend and it was cold but not too bad!

having said that just been out in the city to have have good perv at lunch and its fecking horrid ! (no flange about either)
 
#9
First time London for me, running for Combat Stress. Here we go again, 3 months of hardly any alcohol, loads of pasta and long Sunday runs..........
 
#10
fairmaidofperth said:
First time London for me, running for Combat Stress. Here we go again, 3 months of hardly any alcohol, loads of pasta and long Sunday runs..........
I wouldn't go that far!
 
#11
Looks like I may have blown it this year. Ended up in A and E yesterday for a bloody groin strain and am now on pain killers and various other little pills. Got to have a scan and physio too. Bit miffed to say the least, still I'm a damn site fitter than I was 3 months ago. I reckon I've till Wednesday to bite the bullet and sort it out.
Bugger it.
 
#13
jack-daniels said:
Looks like I may have blown it this year. Ended up in A and E yesterday for a bloody groin strain and am now on pain killers and various other little pills. Got to have a scan and physio too. Bit miffed to say the least, still I'm a damn site fitter than I was 3 months ago. I reckon I've till Wednesday to bite the bullet and sort it out.
Bugger it.
JD, really sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for you. Groin strain eh :wink:

I've just heard that French security workers are striking on Fri 24 Apr so airports and railway stations will be closed. That's when I'm catching the Eurostar over ........
 
#14
fairmaidofperth said:
jack-daniels said:
Looks like I may have blown it this year. Ended up in A and E yesterday for a bloody groin strain and am now on pain killers and various other little pills. Got to have a scan and physio too. Bit miffed to say the least, still I'm a damn site fitter than I was 3 months ago. I reckon I've till Wednesday to bite the bullet and sort it out.
Bugger it.
JD, really sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for you. Groin strain eh :wink:

I've just heard that French security workers are striking on Fri 24 Apr so airports and railway stations will be closed. That's when I'm catching the Eurostar over ........
Cheers. Just came 12th in a 10k race in 38 mins so it was all going tickety boo. Damn.
 
#16
Echo the good wishes for everyone too!
Had the good fortune to have done the London twice and it's a fantastic day out. The crowds are great and I'll be one of them this year (I'm great me!) as I can't run anymore. I really, really, envy you all.

I remember finishing my first ever Half Marathon and thinking it would be absolutely impossible to do that all over again! If I can/could do it, really, anyone can!

All the best! (You must be gutted JD)
 
#17
mmm-babies-heads said:
Echo the good wishes for everyone too!
Had the good fortune to have done the London twice and it's a fantastic day out. The crowds are great and I'll be one of them this year (I'm great me!) as I can't run anymore. I really, really, envy you all.

I remember finishing my first ever Half Marathon and thinking it would be absolutely impossible to do that all over again! If I can/could do it, really, anyone can!

All the best! (You must be gutted JD)

Just a bit!! Most people look at me in disbelief when I say I'm gutted at NOT running 26 miles!
 
#18
just got back from the excel with my number and bag full of gizzits!

pre race nerves have kicked in a little, but am looking foward to a good day out and beers on sunday afternoon

good luck every one!!!
 

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
#20
exnorthener said:
just got back from the excel with my number and bag full of gizzits!

pre race nerves have kicked in a little, but am looking foward to a good day out and beers on sunday afternoon

good luck every one!!!
Good Luck exNorf..........give us a wave at Mile 20 ....and grab a handful of jelly babies :)

Goats
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads