London Marathon 09. Whos Doing It?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by jack-daniels, Jan 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else on here doing it this year? Want to share injury woes and moans about the weather. Then this will be our griping place!
    Personally I start my training today and always shudder when I look at the training schedule I've got up in my kitchen. Still only 3 months to go!

2. me!

i had a bad day last year and the other half put 20 mins into me so i have to regain some form of pride

its going to be a hard 3 months

3. It certainly will!

4. i started training last week, so far not too bad! jsut trying to get into the swing of things again!

good job the weather is on our side

5. Don't know where you live but I've just been out in a Force 10!!

6. was in the yorkshire dales at the weekend and it was cold but not too bad!

having said that just been out in the city to have have good perv at lunch and its fecking horrid ! (no flange about either)

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

8. Do you expect me to be able to list every single runner???? :wink:

9. First time London for me, running for Combat Stress. Here we go again, 3 months of hardly any alcohol, loads of pasta and long Sunday runs..........

10. I wouldn't go that far!

11. Looks like I may have blown it this year. Ended up in A and E yesterday for a bloody groin strain and am now on pain killers and various other little pills. Got to have a scan and physio too. Bit miffed to say the least, still I'm a damn site fitter than I was 3 months ago. I reckon I've till Wednesday to bite the bullet and sort it out.
    Bugger it.

12. What about married runners, there will be a few of them too.

13. JD, really sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for you. Groin strain eh :wink:

I've just heard that French security workers are striking on Fri 24 Apr so airports and railway stations will be closed. That's when I'm catching the Eurostar over ........

14. Cheers. Just came 12th in a 10k race in 38 mins so it was all going tickety boo. Damn.

15. Wow! Never say never tho.