London Link

There was a time - back when BJ was Master of the Universe and Paid for His Round - when there was a monthly meeting of minds in the Smoke, and which went west when some toadskinned journo found out about it, apparently. I only made it a couple of times but was at home again for the few hours it lasted.

I've now been in town for a couple of years, commuting in to London Bridge a couple of times every month, and have missed meeting the People that I knew all those years ago. A few chats with others - LinkedIn, Facebook (sorry) included, leads me to think that a monthly ale in the town amongst friends could be useful - cathartic, even.

I want it to restart. Who's up for it?

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Oh, I think that's a marvellous idea. We could revert to the obvious, the lizards will have lost the Post-It note with the details by now.

Oh, I think that's a marvellous idea. We could revert to the obvious, the lizards will have lost the Post-It note with the details by now.
Sounds good, same location, same day, same timing (roughly), beginning next week?

I was only ever attached to you fcukers. I still have chests to poke and opinions to offer...... no not really. I'd be up for that if invited.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'd be an occasional attender at best - don't currently get up to the Big Smoke that often, but a Thursday early evening chest-poking as a regular thing sounds an excellent idea. I don't suppose one more near-geriatric smelling faintly of wee would make a difference, Alec, I'm sure you'd be most welcome.

Hmm, trips to the smoke are few and far between these days. The last one involved meeting up with Rebel at a Hotel near Heathrow - no funny business going on mind! If these happen I will appear by magic one Thursday in the alley.

I thought it had moved a bit up the road near where the Lions seldom roar ! Although I must confess the latter doesn't have the same ambience and cosy atmosphere of the split level original (or friendly barmaid with big tits).

I think the venue with accn both sides of the alley is probably fine.

I'd be an occasional attender at best - don't currently get up to the Big Smoke that often, but a Thursday early evening chest-poking as a regular thing sounds an excellent idea. I don't suppose one more near-geriatric smelling faintly of wee would make a difference, Alec, I'm sure you'd be most welcome.
There was a meeting in an London club last night for many of the 'old and bold' NI vets. There was a good smattering of your lads. I'd only gone along to meet up with a former master of ceremonies (MC) of a laundry group, whom I'd hadn't seen in a few years. Good evening in all.

There was a meeting in an London club last night for many of the 'old and bold' NI vets. There was a good smattering of your lads. I'd only gone along to meet up with a former master of ceremonies (MC) of a laundry group, whom I'd hadn't seen in a few years. Good evening in all.
We can probably arrange for you to stand four square to the bar if you want. Chaps of a certain age need to steady themselves on something, after all....

We can probably arrange for you to stand four square to the bar if you want. Chaps of a certain age need to steady themselves on something, after all....
You got it. I saw him regularly up to a few years ago when I changed locations in London.

So it's the Coal Hole again?

Sorry, far away drinking vile -and some actually top-drawer - local brews. One of these days I'll be where I promised to be...

Traditional location. Thursday 14th. About 1700. A fair number already in. Spread the good word.
Alas, will be shrieking with frustration somewhere between Fairfax and downtown DC before heading to Dulles.