London - is it getting shitter?

Is London getting shitter?

• Yes. Move it to a different planet

Votes: 130 89.0%
  • No. I love it. Roll out the barrel etc.

Votes: 16 11.0%

• Total voters
I shall be mostly grumpy tomorrow as we are taking littlest Shiny_arrse into that there Lon Don to drop him (and his kit) at his Uni digs in Vauxhall. Current plan is to fall off the M1, onto the A5, then over Vauxhall Bridge (his digs are a few hundred metres past the bridge). Car park is booked and I should be able to skirt around the side of the Congestion Zone as long as roadworks/diversions don't jump out at me.
I do not like being in London at the best of times, driving in London is my idea of hell.

RTU'd

LE
I shall be mostly grumpy tomorrow as we are taking littlest Shiny_arrse into that there Lon Don to drop him (and his kit) at his Uni digs in Vauxhall. Current plan is to fall off the M1, onto the A5, then over Vauxhall Bridge (his digs are a few hundred metres past the bridge). Car park is booked and I should be able to skirt around the side of the Congestion Zone as long as roadworks/diversions don't jump out at me.
I do not like being in London at the best of times, driving in London is my idea of hell.
Not very good TV/Radio reception around Vauxhall Bridge for some reason?

West Greenwich is good and East Greenwich is OK. In fact there’s a fine line between them.
You need well brassed for that.
1631879180910.png

Actually, is that not a thing of beauty.....

The place is largely filthy. The disgusting black carpet of chewing gum around every rail or underground station is disgusting.
Yesterday morning, I turned out of Holborn station to see a bloke with his trousers down p!ssing in the street.

A short while ago we were visiting friends in East London, when Mrs Gleebles popped into the Tesco just off the A406/A124 at Barking for a bottle of plonk and a bunch of flowers, whilst I waited in the car.

A car parked up opposite, a few rows away, and the driver casually got out, dropped his keks and took a massive shit right there.
Straightened up, pulled up his keks and got back in and drove off.

To be fair to the honking cnut, the 24 hour Tesco with its toilet facilities were all of 100m away, and you just don't know how clean they are...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Croydon birds look like they have done more lines than a naughty child in detention.
With Cressy Dick in charge of the met can we not have a shoot to kill policy on the Croydon Scum?
Perhaps tell her they are all Brazilians looking a bit dodgy?
There isn't enough wax in the northern hemisphere to give every Croydon munter a Brazilian, dodgy or otherwise.

An 'iconic' memory of London is walking down the street and seeing the big fluorescent boards that the police put on the pavement at the scene of serious crimes. They listed the basic details of the crime with an appeal for witnesses and a phone number to call.

The city was littered with them and it seemed like a new one popped up every week - every corner in some neighbourhoods.... The Met binned them in the end because they were an open admission that serious crime was prevalent - and scared the public.

View attachment 604797
It was always odd that there would often be nothing on the local news or any knowledge about fatal stabbings, shootings etc. until the yellow board appeared on the street just yards from my door.

If a white tent goes up in my post code.....they ain't camping.
Fortunately....very rarely. Cannot recall last one.
We seem to prefer calling on people and murdering them in their own homes.
Far more civilised that way.

Site Admin

War Hero
Is it fair to say that London's problems can also be found, and probably to the same magnitude, as the only other cities it can be compared to i.e. New York and Paris, and maybe to a degree Los(t) Angeles?

Is it fair to say that London's problems can also be found, and probably to the same magnitude, as the only other cities it can be compared to i.e. New York and Paris, and maybe to a degree Los(t) Angeles?
Yes.
Fact is, we all know it, homo sapiens is the dirtiest most destructive, over bred & disease ridden life form known to.....homo sapiens.

Sana

Old-Salt
Central London seems OK, but outer parts are run by feral scum dole cheats.

Visited Sutton recently & what a crap hole after 18:00.
Only thing that pleased me was getting the train home.
More pubs then I remember & makes Mitcham & Croydon look cosmopolitan.

That said Croydon is a total crap hole.
And it seems has a thriving industry of stabbings, muggings with violence & random shootings.

It has taken over from Streatham of being a total crap hole, at least St Reatham had decent birds, mostly young nurses in my days that after a meal, few glasses of wine would take you back to their flat & shag you rotten.

Croydon birds look like they have done more lines than a naughty child in detention.
With Cressy Dick in charge of the met can we not have a shoot to kill policy on the Croydon Scum?
Perhaps tell her they are all Brazilians looking a bit dodgy?

And for those that know the area is durand close still a total crap hole lived in by the scum of scum?

Central London is the only part of London I recommend living in.

Central London is the only part of London I recommend living in..........

............... What like knighsbridge, Mayfair, kensington, park lane, Holland park, Chelsea, Pimlico, Fitzrovia, Albany street, regents park, any houses surrounding the squares off oxford street, or soho get a grip , unless you are seriously loaded, lets start at about £3,000,000 to buy, (Grosvenor square houses start at £8,000,000 )or rent at £500+ a week shall we, what working man with a family to support has that kind of dosh, i mean ordinary folk, tradesmen, drivers, even office wallah's Etc. The 3 bed Victorian terraced 1895 built house in E11 i bought in 1984 for £19,500, now sells for £500,000. My wife's old house in N16, once a 5 bed terraced one family home, now flats, rent about £1100 per Month. A whole house for , now get this, £3500 P/M. This area is about 5 Miles north east of central city, o_O

Site Admin

War Hero
............... What like knighsbridge, Mayfair, kensington, park lane, Holland park, Chelsea, Pimlico, Fitzrovia, Albany street, regents park, any houses surrounding the squares off oxford street, or soho get a grip , unless you are seriously loaded, lets start at about £3,000,000 to buy, (Grosvenor square houses start at £8,000,000 )or rent at £500+ a week shall we, what working man with a family to support has that kind of dosh, i mean ordinary folk, tradesmen, drivers, even office wallah's Etc.

5303D7D2-E769-4DC0-A230-B8A300EE04E8.jpeg