London - is it getting shitter?

Is London getting shitter?

• Yes. Move it to a different planet

Votes: 98 89.9%
  • No. I love it. Roll out the barrel etc.

Votes: 11 10.1%

• Total voters
Nah, not that civilised. Feelthy furrin muck.

Just bimble about with a pint in one hand and a half eaten baby in the other.

Nah, not that civilised. Feelthy furrin muck.

Just bimble about with a pint in one hand and a half eaten baby in the other.
The whole low emission/electric vehicle scheme just sounds like a massive scam to gouge the taxpayers for money. If you told people out here they would have to pay to use their Diesel made prior to 2015, government buildings would be burnt to the ground.

I grew up in Slough.

I wonder why I joined the army?

I've recently been working my way through the two series of 'The Office'. Jeez, the shots in the opening credits are depressing. I understand that the bus station has gone now, as well as the office block that was used for the location.

I expect it's like Florence now.

I've recently been working my way through the two series of 'The Office'. Jeez, the shots in the opening credits are depressing. I understand that the bus station has gone now, as well as the office block that was used for the location.

I expect it's like Florence now.
The famous roundabout in the title sequence of The Office is no more, now a large crossing. It's the first improvement to Slough since 1945.

Problem is they fuck it up for the bloke who carries a pocket knife for general use. Penalties for misuse of something like that should be eye watering, to allow the law abiding to go about their business and carry one if they wish, without censure.
I once suggested a 20 year sentence for anyone carrying a knife without good reason. That sentence would be suspended and a sort of parole licence so anything criminal within that period of time would be a trip to nick for that whole 20 year period. Harsh I know but these days it's too easy to "Get away with it." :cool:

I once suggested a 20 year sentence for anyone carrying a knife without good reason. That sentence would be suspended and a sort of parole licence so anything criminal within that period of time would be a trip to nick for that whole 20 year period. Harsh I know but these days it's too easy to "Get away with it." :cool:
Yes unless you are a tradesman who has a leather man or similar all his working life .
I have wound up going from work to pub with it in my pocket. Where it stays. I have used it many times to help people and myself . I've never stabbed anyone except myself .
Send the guilty bastard down .
Knives don't stab people Wrappers do .
Wrong place wrong time , idiot copper = criminal record.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Khan?

I can't understand why he hasn't mentioned it to anybody.

Mainly because he is now apparently a witness giving evidence at the Grenfell disaster inquiry.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The famous roundabout in the title sequence of The Office is no more, now a large crossing. It's the first improvement to Slough since 1945.

Slough was great because with the A4 traffic light system set at 30mph it was possible on a bike to "overtake" (at speed) the system between lights.

Slough was great because with the A4 traffic light system set at 30mph it was possible on a bike to "overtake" (at speed) the system between lights.
I used to work in Slough, on Bath Road / A4. I've never seen so many depressed people in traffic jams. The happy faces were the ones leaving on the other carriageway.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
I may have mentioned this before, but a mate of mine used to live and work in London. He moved out about 5 years ago when his family were one of the few remaining white people in the street, if not quite the last. His company has an office in Guildford so he wangled a transfer out there.

His comment was that even losing his inner London weighting Guildford was miles better for him and his family.

When the Slough Ambulance Station was at the Three Tuns crossroads there was a key operated light control box on our exit wall that set all the traffic lights at the crossroads to allow us to go in any direction and hit sequential green lights whilst on an emergency...

Yes unless you are a tradesman who has a leather man or similar all his working life .
I have wound up going from work to pub with it in my pocket. Where it stays. I have used it many times to help people and myself . I've never stabbed anyone except myself .
Send the guilty bastard down .
Knives don't stab people Wrappers do .
Wrong place wrong time , idiot copper = criminal record.
To be pedantic, it’s the court that decides. A folding pocket knife (non-locking and blade under 3 inches) would be ok (unless you are trying to stab someone). Anything else requires reasonable excuse or lawful authority. Context is everything. I have a Leatherman Core with locking blades. I carry it on duty but wouldn’t stick it in my back pocket for a trip to the pub.