London - is it getting shitter?

Is London getting shitter?

• Yes. Move it to a different planet

Votes: 119 89.5%
  • No. I love it. Roll out the barrel etc.

Votes: 14 10.5%

• Total voters
Those murdering bastards round up, beat senseless and kill the street kids, the ones who live in the sewer and drainage systems, who have no homes, no family, education or hope, and live on their wits. :sad:

I prefer the cops that drag kids they catch with guns or knives round the back of the van and deliver a swift double tap. The kid won't carry a weapon any more and the state is saved a fortune. The kids don't tool up for no reason and the reason they tool up is to commit violent crime.
I've no problem with that.

It is a road to misery. You're basically making a deal with the devil when you start selling drugs. It almost always ends badly. Even if it doesn't, you'll miss out on a lot of other opportunities along the way. Very, very few drug dealers live happily ever after.

I had a few offers to enter that world when I was fresh out of the army. I turned them down. Most of those guys are long dead. One is broke, scared, essentially unemployable and living with his elderly mum.

Do you carry the hod and like to indulge in fisticuffs on the cobbles?

If only there were enough people who wanted to be Prison Officers & the Government weren't so bloody fluffy we could run a harsher regime in the jails we already have.
:)
Our retention rate for Officer's is about 11% after a year.

If they paid a decent salary for prison officers there might be more interest and better retention.

Outside the South/South East/London the rate is £24k for a 39 hour week INCLUDING 17% unsocial hours allowance. Basically a little over £10 an hour excluding shift allowance.

Hardly makes what is probably a difficult job seem enticing at that salary.

Londo

LE
If they paid a decent salary for prison officers there might be more interest and better retention.

Outside the South/South East/London the rate is £24k for a 39 hour week INCLUDING 17% unsocial hours allowance. Basically a little over £10 an hour excluding shift allowance.

A bloke I know on Farcebook a few months back got accepted for training as a prison officer , completed the training and then posted that he was jacking it in as they wanted to send him as he put it 'the other end of the country' .
Must have saved his wages as he has now gone for HGV training and just passed that and with what I've been reading seems the right time to go down that road .
Pun intended . :-D

See thinking like this & the tough stance would make you a good Prisons Minister of State.
Give prisoners a quick, hard shock with no home comforts & hard labour, make prison something to fear.

I think most offenders are perfectly aware that they are unlikely to be nicked, let alone go to prison. Improve detection rates, as well as increasing places available for incarceration !

Those murdering bastards round up, beat senseless and kill the street kids, the ones who live in the sewer and drainage systems, who have no homes, no family, education or hope, and live on their wits. :sad:

What's really disturbing is that they must have the tacit approval, not only of their own chain of command, but of the rest of society too. Or at least the elements of society that join the chambers of commerce and the local equivalent of the Rotary Club and the Conservative Club.

RTU'd

LE
I think most offenders are perfectly aware that they are unlikely to be nicked, let alone go to prison. Improve detection rates, as well as increasing places available for incarceration !
Bring back hard labour.

Take away TV/Play Stations/Cosy Cells and bring back the basics, a bed, small table & chair and a wash basin.
Run it more like the MCTC, get prisoners to do exercise, work & as a reward food.
To many see it as a holiday, seeing friends & smoking drugs.

No smoking, strict policy on drugs, 1 visit a month & behind toughen glass.

It should be a punishment & something to fear.

Thuggery & Buggery not tolerated.

Get them repairing the UK roads would be a start.

No, this is not the start of my campaign to be the prison minister in the arrse party.

£6k a year less than when I was doing the job several years ago & in a far more violent environment with even less support from management.
Smoke & mirrors at our place to avoid putting staff on enhanced pay due to the recruiting & retention crisis.

Bring back hard labour.

Take away TV/Play Stations/Cosy Cells and bring back the basics, a bed, small table & chair and a wash basin.
Run it more like the MCTC, get prisoners to do exercise, work & as a reward food.
To many see it as a holiday, seeing friends & smoking drugs.

No smoking, strict policy on drugs, 1 visit a month & behind toughen glass.

It should be a punishment & something to fear.

Thuggery & Buggery not tolerated.

Get them repairing the UK roads would be a start.

No, this is not the start of my campaign to be the prison minister in the arrse party.
All well and good, but you'd need a very high staff prisoner ratio to make a punitive regime work. You'd also need to recruit hard men e.g. ex forces in their 30s and 40s who can intimidate and batter prisoners (because that's what it will boil down to). That means high wage bills and a de facto end to the diversity bollocks. No government is going to spend extra money on the prison system or risk the wrath of woke.

All well and good, but you'd need a very high staff prisoner ratio to make a punitive regime work. You'd also need to recruit hard men e.g. ex forces in their 30s and 40s who can intimidate and batter prisoners (because that's what it will boil down to). That means high wage bills and a de facto end to the diversity bollocks. No government is going to spend extra money on the prison system or risk the wrath of woke.
Current Cat C prisoner to staff ratio is 30:1 under " Fair & Sustainable".
And no, that will never happen.
Senior management view is the more you give them, the better they behave.
The truth, is the more you give them the more they want. Seen it countless times over the last eighteen months.

Current Cat C prisoner to staff ratio is 30:1 under " Fair & Sustainable".
And no, that will never happen.
Senior management view is the more you give them, the better they behave.
The truth, is the more you give them the more they want. Seen it countless times over the last eighteen months.

Prison doesn't work. It's just a bad idea that our ancestors came up with because they were getting squeamish about the death penalty and corporal punishment.

It keeps them off the streets.
But that's about all it does. In the majority of cases, it's no deterrent & for reasons discussed above, it never will be.
Seriously:

There is one historical precedent that worked: Penal transportation.

I would find a large, empty country and negotiate a 100 year lease on a remote region. Habitual criminals would be transported and put to work.

Every single convicted kid fiddler would go (those bastards are responsible for creating half the criminals and junkies on the streets today).

Anybody who was an active criminal after the age of 25 would be transported too. If they wanted to keep in touch with their families it would be a weekly Zoom call. No problem.

I wouldn't even be especially tough on them. If they wanted to grow cannabis or make hootch - who cares? Out of sight out of mind - and off the streets.

Most murderers and the worst sex offenders would simply be hanged.

Seriously:

There is one historical precedent that worked: Penal transportation.

I would find a large, empty country and negotiate a 100 year lease on a remote region. Habitual criminals would be transported and put to work.

Every single convicted kid fiddler would go (those bastards are responsible for creating half the criminals and junkies on the streets today).

Anybody who was an active criminal after the age of 25 would be transported too. If they wanted to keep in touch with their families it would be a weekly Zoom call. No problem.

I wouldn't even be especially tough on them. If they wanted to grow cannabis or make hootch - who cares? Out of sight out of mind - and off the streets.

Most murderers and the worst sex offenders would simply be hanged.
Not in mine or your lifetime's mate.

A bloke I know on Farcebook a few months back got accepted for training as a prison officer , completed the training and then posted that he was jacking it in as they wanted to send him as he put it 'the other end of the country' .
Must have saved his wages as he has now gone for HGV training and just passed that and with what I've been reading seems the right time to go down that road .
Pun intended . :-D
Presumably, he was being sent on detached duty. A nice little earner if you don't mind being away from home.
We've constantly got staff leaving.
Experienced Officer's with twenty odd years in just walking out with no job to go to. Others are doing HGV lessons on rest days or taking leave to do so, that's if you can get leave with the current staffing problems.
Now the economy is picking up (however temporary) & there's jobs out there, who'd be a Prison Officer for £24k a year. And that's after a few years service.
After many years in uniform I'm now in civvies for just a couple of days a week.
But believe me, I don't look on in amusement.

FEASG

LE
London is tired of Kharnage Khan but still stupid enough to vote the twunt back in.

As for the ULEZ, its just another road users cash cow generator to appease the woke Nimbys, lycra louts and XR cretins and it's no surprise that Khan remains under Police protection, the oxygen thief terrorist sympathizer is a pure showboating waster.
Yes but his CP team have to go to the Balham Reserve Centre, for a piss and a brew, as he won't let them into his house. I always hear people moaning about him, but at the end of the day mostly from the 58% that could not be bothered to go out and Vote him out. Baily would have scraped the extension.

Londo

LE
Presumably, he was being sent on detached duty. A nice little earner if you don't mind being away from home.
We've constantly got staff leaving.
Experienced Officer's with twenty odd years in just walking out with no job to go to. Others are doing HGV lessons on rest days or taking leave to do so, that's if you can get leave with the current staffing problems.
Now the economy is picking up (however temporary) & there's jobs out there, who'd be a Prison Officer for £24k a year. And that's after a few years service.
After many years in uniform I'm now in civvies for just a couple of days a week.
But believe me, I don't look on in amusement.
I don't envy those that do this job . Don't think it's something I would like to do .

Latest Threads