London - is it getting shitter?

Is London getting shitter?

• Yes. Move it to a different planet

Votes: 126 88.7%
  • No. I love it. Roll out the barrel etc.

Votes: 16 11.3%

• Total voters
Clearly it didn't...

And all the trends/stats back this, it isn't just opinion or conjecture now; Posted previously elsewhere but here it is again; 13% of the London population committing, or the victim of, almost half the murders in the crapital:

View attachment 605274

View attachment 605275

The reaction and the coverage to the Sarah Everard murder compared to London's daily/weekly black on black murder was hugely dispropionate. I know the fact she was killed by a copper makes it more spicy from a news/social media point of view and they were predominately trying to highlight women's safety (even if in this country 73% victims of all murders are male) but they do like a story where a white middle class girl is a victim of a horrible crime and it did get whipped up pretty quick.

I'm guessing those that showed up for the vigil/protest/riot were the sort that were pro BLM too? Do they protest when the local gangster gets shanked too? Doubt it....

It all depends on how you quantify effective policing.
Community trust in the police and the legal system?
Co-operation with police investigations?
Willingness to report crime? (Which in turn could see a rise in crime figures)
Conviction rates Vs reoffending rates.

Totally agree about your comment on the well heeled of society not giving a toss about black in black crime. They might not want to admit it, but as it is unlikely to impact their lives, they have no compunction to care.
Prior to BLM coming into vogue there have been hundreds, if not thousands of groups trying to tackle crime in predominantly black communities. They seem to have been forgotten about because they just aren't trendy enough for the Instagram feeds.

Site Admin

Old-Salt
As a decent, law abiding, taxpayer you can only hope that yours & their paths never cross.
I'm so glad we live in a small market town in East Anglia rather than one of the big cities.
Yes, there's still crime, but not at that level.
At least not yet.

I was reading a few threads on twitter earlier this year from black posters who were stating they felt the need to carry on living amongst other black folks in the big cites in particular London (with a slight acknowledgement to the downsides) because they felt there was an underlying/unconscious racism outside the cities to varying degrees. I'm of the opinion that if you can afford to live in Bumdon you can just about afford to live anywhere in this country. In some ways I'm not sure why there hasn't been more of a black (probably African) middle class exodus further out of the cities than just their suburbs.

Issi

LE
I know a chap who’s Grandmother sold 3 detached houses in Chelsea back in the early 60’s for about 5k each, and then moved to South Wales.

He still wakes up in a cold sweat wondering what could have been, if they’d kept them in the family.

Last edited:
I, for my sins, live in the Regency Spa town of Cheltenham.
Great places to eat, drink, spend money.... you name it.
It's vibrant but not especially diverse, and safe (although a friend of mine was once given a black eye by a flying empty bottle of Bollinger on Gold Cup night, many years ago, in The Retreat. It is worth mentioning that everyone eventually shook hands).

Which are the nice and affordable residential areas and which residential areas should be avoided in 'nam?

Not like me to start a thread. But, as title says, London - in general terms, is it getting shitter?

Today i received a letter from Transport for London. Its just an information letter to say that as i had driven my vehicle there, here's some advance warning that from 25 October 2021 the ULEZ would be expanding.
(Now, i drove into London a few weeks ago for the first time in years (outside both congestion and ULEZ zones)).

View attachment 604282

Quick ref, the orange is current ULEZ (currently free for residents) and the yellow is expansion. What i noticed in the webshite for London ULEZ expansion was this:
  • From 25 October 2021, when the ULEZ expands to the North and South Circular Roads, residents must pay the full daily ULEZ charge to drive a vehicle in the zone if it does not meet the ULEZ standards
  • Pay by Auto Pay - £15.00
  • Pay before you travel or by midnight on the day of travel - £15.00
  • Pay by midnight on the third charging day after you travel - £17.50

So... if you are a resident in either the orange or yellow zones, come 25th October you will have to pay £15 per day to drive your vehicle. Including commuting to work and getting to shops etc.

Frankly, i think that's shit. In 10 years when there's less combustion vehicles and more electric then yeah, maybe. But this is not a charge to clean the air. Its taxation of the working class (and i vote Tory!).

London is getting further away from the reality of the rest of the UK. 'Diversity', stabby stabby world, how it treats its own residents, Flabbott lives there, blah blah blah. Frankly, London can **** off if it thinks i'm going back in there. The cnuts.

Is there a petition to make another city in the UK the capitol? I'm going back to the shed to throw darts at pictures of Khan and vex whilst reading the paper that cannot be mentioned.

cnuts.
I was reading a few threads on twitter earlier this year from black posters who were stating they felt the need to carry on living amongst other black folks in the big cites in particular London (with a slight acknowledgement to the downsides) because they felt there was an underlying/unconscious racism outside the cities to varying degrees. I'm of the opinion that if you can afford to live in Bumdon you can just about afford to live anywhere in this country. In some ways I'm not sure why there hasn't been more of a black (probably African) middle class exodus further out of the cities than just their suburbs.

There is an exodus out of Bumdon-it's called county lines. From Mart in a county market town.

I know a chap who’s Granmother sold 3 detached houses in Chelsea back in the early 60’s for about 5k each, and then moved to South Wales.

He still wakes up in a cold sweat wondering what could have been, if they’d kept them in the family.

I sold my house in Chelsea to an Arab for stacks of money 5 years ago. Wait until the f*ckin' Council find out.:-D

Which are the nice and affordable residential areas and which residential areas should be avoided in 'nam?

If you can remember which areas to avoid in 'nam you weren't there man

jinxy

LE
I, for my sins, live in the Regency Spa town of Cheltenham.
Great places to eat, drink, spend money.... you name it.
It's vibrant but not especially diverse, and safe (although a friend of mine was once given a black eye by a flying empty bottle of Bollinger on Gold Cup night, many years ago, in The Retreat. It is worth mentioning that everyone eventually shook hands).
The best meal I ever had was in Cheltenham, Ostrich steak.

I think change is slow. I have friends who are 2nd/3rd gen Londoners of Nigerian heritage. Moving out side of London has come up a few times. The things that are keeping them in London is work, church, and community/family. Much like every other Londoner.
As they earn more, they have moved to nicer parts of London.

Not sure it has anything to do with colour, more not wanting to move away from the community you are part off.

In some ways I'm not sure why there hasn't been more of a black (probably African) middle class exodus further out of the cities than just their suburbs.
As @LordVonHarley said it is happening, just slowly.

The area I work in is predominantly White British with the other main ethnicities being families from the Indian subcontinent and Nepalese from the ex-Gurkhas. Over the last few years there's been a steady increase in the number of Black families, mostly moving from greater London rather than outside the UK. The other notable local increase has been White families coming from South Africa.

Funnily enough the middle class kids (English and South African) are usually better behaved than the less affluent kids who've been brought up in Croydon and Peckham, regardless of skin colour. Reinforcing my opinion that racism in the UK is real but a much, much smaller issue than it's made out to be. The real problem is wealth disparity and the culture that can result. No idea how to fix that though.

Last edited:
I was reading a few threads on twitter earlier this year from black posters who were stating they felt the need to carry on living amongst other black folks in the big cites in particular London (with a slight acknowledgement to the downsides) because they felt there was an underlying/unconscious racism outside the cities to varying degrees.

They are probably right to an extent, particularly if they move to areas that contain 'white flight' residents who themselves left London.

You what?

Reports of a gunman in Oxford Street results in not running away but kinetic shopping instead?

What next.

Reports of a fire in the East End and sales of goldfish increase massively?

Latest Threads