London Irish medic refusing to be mobilised on TV

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Sack_them_all, Jan 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any one see that complete cnut from the London Irish (medics) on London Tonight last night. Idiot was drivelling on about how he wont go and serve in an unjust war - he's not even been invited to play!

Suggest he hands his kit in before he gets the kicking he so richly deserves, especially as there is no need to go on the BBC to say you no longer want to play. Big shame as it reflecte very badly on his capbadge and all of us in TA.
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Couldn't agree more.

The other thread on this matter has been used to show the all-round wonderfulness of ARRSE - read it from the beginning, and look at the way that opinions change as more of this knobber's story comes to light.
  3. It does reflect badly on his capbadge
  4. I was in Iraq with the complete tw@t (TA)that went on Trevor McDonald tonight complete with blacked out face. To say he saw the QLR torturing the local Ali Baba's. This bloke had to gop and see the head doctor 2 days into the tour cos he couldn't cope in G6! yet he gets on national TV to slag off the army... People like these give the TA a bad name
  5. So he's taking up a valuable Line Serial Number that could be filled with someone who is willing to be called to the colours?
  6. Not anymore.
  7. OldSnowy

For more of this treacherous vermin's pathetic views, see today's Independant. You know, the same newspaper that prints regular articles by that paragon of neutrality, Robert Fisk.

I presume that this scrote won't be welcome in or near any TA establishment again. Ever.
  8. Much as i admire Robert fisk ability to see nothing but contempt for the war with also contempt for the insurgents and the previous regime
    his articles normally get me close to screaming at the newspaper (is that possible?) Might try to read what the coward says to justify himself the medic not fisk that is.
    would suggest shooting him at dawn but considering some peoples apwt scores would probably be lunchtime by the time we finished :lol:
  9. Whenever anyone refers to a four letter 'f' word obscenity, personally I always think 'Fisk'.
  10. edited fat finger double posting bufoon
  11. I can think of a word tha begins with F and ends in UCK.

12. Has anyone got access to the full article, I can't seem to find it.
  13. OldSnowy

Sorry, just realised that the full article is only available if you pay £1 to the Independent for 24hr access. If you can't see a copy, don't bother buying the rag just to get it :) I saw hard copy, and just added the link.

There is a picture of the scrote with the article - he looks suitably stern and "moral" :? and at least he is in civvies. It also gives a link to some 'military families against the war' site he is supporting, which I won't dignify by adding here.

He comes across as a self-rigteous twat of the first water.
  14. I have the hard copy of yesterday's Independent, and may post a couple of quotes on a "fair use" copyright basis if I have time later in the day.

My main disagreement with his remarks is that whilst claiming that "as many as half of TA soldiers do not agree with or are uncomfortable with the conflict", he refuses to give any credit to those soldiers who might well feel like that but nevertheless have served in Iraq, or remain available for mobilisation.
  15. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I guess that describes me. If I hadn't been mobilised, I'd have been in Trafalgar Square with a placard:lol:

Coming to the end of my current contract....guess there's still time for Bliar and crew to send me out there again but I'm not going to volunteer. Not sure I want to extend - at 40(mumble) I'm getting a bit long in the tooth.

I think that the majority of service people on Op Telic 1 had reservations about it. The widespread attitude was

" Let's get in, get the job done and go home."

Apparentely, the folk at Combat Stress believe that one of the things that is causing most of the skull-fcuking for people, is the fact that Iraq is not perceived as a "righteous" conflict - as in

" I signed up to fight for/defend my country......what the hell am I doing in Al Amarah ?"

This guy is in a shortage category - would he go to Afghanistan or Bosnia where medics are in equally short supply ?

If he wouldn't then his "conscientious objection" is irrelevant - he's just another chancer who has been happy to take the Bounty under false pretences.

The worst thing about people who walk away is the effect they have on other potential recruits.

Le Chevre