• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

London Gazette

Forgive me if it's been asked before, but my connection is playing up.

Anyhoo, I have got my hands on my great-uncle's medals etc, and included was the date of his MID gazette. All I know from the last surviving member of that generation is that he was a Territorial, a Gunner, and on the last truck out of Tobruk before the nasty blonde men arrived.

And he was a WO2 so the shouty gene may be a reality. Is it available online or do I have to go somewhere and dig through records?

If you know the exact date of the various awards, you can go straight to the relevant edition; be aware that it returns Pdf files and these can cause some amusement if your connection is a bit slow - but usually, they're alright.

Latest Threads