London council places servicemens lives at risk?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Le_addeur_noir, Mar 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Visiting friends in the UK on a short trip back over last weekend,I was told that some of the private apartments built in 2005 next to the main gate at RAF Northolt on West End Road have been purchased by the local council(London Borough of Hillingdon) and allocated to asylum seekers and drug addicts.There has already been one raid from armed police in these apartments.

In light of the current terrorist threat in Britain,this action,if true,would constitute a serious risk to security.

Other than that,what justifacation has this council to waste taxpayer's money in housing these people?.

Comments?

2. Why would it constitute a security risk? They are outside the wire.

3. I'm not defending the council concerened, but unfortunately they do have a legal obligation to house asylum seekers/illegals etc (as do all local authorities). There are no restrictions on were they put them and a location next to a main road and active runway will be cheaper than other options.

I agree that there are obvious potential security implications, but at least the Police are nor ignoring it and RAF P&SS will be keeping a close eye as well no doubt.

That said, anyone with bad intentions regarding the military would be free to move into a property outside any military base anywhere in the UK. We, the military cannot stop them, neither can the Police.

4. The current threat, unlike the old enemy, is not specifically targetting Armed Forces. Please do not descend into paranoia and hysteria as the Gubmint want you to in order to justify their draconian new police state.

5. Don't worry, I'm not.

6. Not that this has anything to do with the original post but didn't some Muslims plan to hack a squaddie head off for jihadtube?