london cork.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
It seems to me that once we join the WTO we are going to be Asset stripped as a country by USA and its fans. We don't produce much now so its aiming to buy up the NHS for example ( the water gas and lecky have already gone) . Once its all gone private the Hospitals on prime real estate will be sold off for expensive housing just like Chase Farm Hospital which was joined by Barnet who were skint, they drained all the cash from Chase farm , then a few years later destroyed the hospital and the whole are is now " luxury flats " no one seems to build ordinary flats do they ?Then small private hospitals will spring up in places such as off the A1 or 127. Service will cost and arm and a leg and poor people will go into run down crappy state sheds .
Then the financial heart of our country will be sold of to Germany and thats us fucked .
Perhaps i should move to Japan orChina ??
Rant over sorry

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
London cork was a moderately successful business run by a retired major and his old oppos . They were jolly good chaps but as the business was slipping they decided to optain a cash injection from venture capitalists .
Once these city sharks joined the board they soon realised that the buildings land and equipment were worth more than the business so they sold them all off and closed down an old established company . People were thrown out of work pensions were not secured and Britain had its first case of " Asset stripping " .
Classic example today was the Thames Water board. Bought in the Tory sale of the centenary, by Canadian money who promptly sold of all the very very valuable land and buildings took the company down to its bare essentials in facilities staff etc then promptly sold the carcass to theGermans who then proceded to pick the meat off the bones and sold the carcass on and thats why we have crappy service lots ofwasted water to pipes bursting due to bad maintenance etc .and that is exactly what is going to our country on a grander scale .

It seems to me that once we join the WTO we are going to be Asset stripped as a country by USA and its fans. We don't produce much now so its aiming to buy up the NHS for example ( the water gas and lecky have already gone) . Once its all gone private the Hospitals on prime real estate will be sold off for expensive housing just like Chase Farm Hospital which was joined by Barnet who were skint, they drained all the cash from Chase farm , then a few years later destroyed the hospital and the whole are is now " luxury flats " no one seems to build ordinary flats do they ?Then small private hospitals will spring up in places such as off the A1 or 127. Service will cost and arm and a leg and poor people will go into run down crappy state sheds .
Then the financial heart of our country will be sold of to Germany and thats us fucked .
Perhaps i should move to Japan orChina ??
Rant over sorry
You had better be nice to the TSA agents, or you won’t be allowed to leave...

Omg the Septic Apocalypse is nigh. Please convert all your pounds into dollars, and prepare to listen to country music...then you can all start shopping at the Dollar General stores that will be popping up everywhere.

London cork was a moderately successful business run by a retired major and his old oppos . They were jolly good chaps but as the business was slipping they decided to optain a cash injection from venture capitalists .
Once these city sharks joined the board they soon realised that the buildings land and equipment were worth more than the business so they sold them all off and closed down an old established company . People were thrown out of work pensions were not secured and Britain had its first case of " Asset stripping " .
Classic example today was the Thames Water board. Bought in the Tory sale of the centenary, by Canadian money who promptly sold of all the very very valuable land and buildings took the company down to its bare essentials in facilities staff etc then promptly sold the carcass to theGermans who then proceded to pick the meat off the bones and sold the carcass on and thats why we have crappy service lots ofwasted water to pipes bursting due to bad maintenance etc .and that is exactly what is going to our country on a grander scale .

All of the above, and plenty more of UK assets and utility's were legally sold, taken over in offensive mergers ,bought out, and off, by successive governments, Thatcher being the biggest culprit, its all down the big business dictating to government , which has shown itself to be totally corrupt , inept, incompetent and lacking in any loyalty to the electorate, only to themselves, and shady business partners, its no wonder that the vast majority of ordinary folk hold MP's in the same light as lawyers, the catholic church, and paedophiles. ( Both interchangeable) There is an old cockney saying that is appropriate here, in relation to the swarm of vermin that infest the Westminster sewer. " I wouldn't piss in their mouth if their teeth were on fire"

Omg the Septic Apocalypse is nigh. Please convert all your pounds into dollars, and prepare to listen to country music...then you can all start shopping at the Dollar General stores that will be popping up everywhere.
Can coppers (cops to you) all have sidearms?

Can coppers (cops to you) all have sidearms?
I am surprised you don’t honestly, and your balls hang lower than mine for the work you do without them. Glocks for all and a 12 bore in the vehicle.

Making officers more capable of independently dealing with scrotes is what needs to happen.

The problem is that everyone wants to have national pride in being a net exporter of goods, eg coal, steel, vehicles, aircraft etc, but on the other hand, everyone wants the lower prices that importing all this stuff from countries that have lower cost bases allows for.

No-one wants to leave school and work down a deep mine for 40 years, or do mindlessly-boring shift work bolting wheels on Astras for mediocre wages.

The UK's economy is trending toward a post-industrial service economy. No deep coal mines any longer, very few steelworks, reducing number of oil refineries, reducing number of volume car plants etc.

This is a good thing on one level, and a bad thing on another. Those who embrace change and seek opportunity will succeed. Those who lament the status quo and wish to live in the past are condemned to repeat it.

The Romans probably found the same, to be honest. 'Twas ever thus.

In Canada the big fear was the septics doing the same thing and buying up companies, privatized government businesses, and most importantly, natural resources. Those days are in the past now for the most part. The fear of the UK losing assets to the US on a detrimental scale shows how behind the times they really are to a degree. China is the country that the Uk should be concerned about, it happened in Canada as all the focus was on our neighbours to the south and the Chinese began buying up everything viable the could. They are quite adapt at buying a company, taking the management over, bringing in “observers “ to shadow employees, and after all the knowledge is gained, strip the business and sell off the assets after a twin company is up and running in china. Americans buy for greed and profit, China buys to get a foothold in a country for more than financial reasons, now which should you be more concerned about?

In Canada the big fear was the septics doing the same thing and buying up companies, privatized government businesses, and most importantly, natural resources. Those days are in the past now for the most part. The fear of the UK losing assets to the US on a detrimental scale shows how behind the times they really are to a degree. China is the country that the Uk should be concerned about, it happened in Canada as all the focus was on our neighbours to the south and the Chinese began buying up everything viable the could. They are quite adapt at buying a company, taking the management over, bringing in “observers “ to shadow employees, and after all the knowledge is gained, strip the business and sell off the assets after a twin company is up and running in china. Americans buy for greed and profit, China buys to get a foothold in a country for more than financial reasons, now which should you be more concerned about?
As an American, I just want a climate that is conducive to business so money can be made. I don’t want to colonize others, or strip their assets like a locust. So yes money and making it is the motivation, and keeping me In check is rather easy. Besides If I am doing business in a foreign country guess where most of my employees will come from?! The country set up shop in.

I remember saying back when the first jobs were being 'off shored' to India that if every company in the UK followed suit, we'd end up a UK of unemployed and unskilled with no money to buy the products/services from those same companies who would also then go down the pan.

I said it at the time playing devils advocate but it's gradually becoming realilty. India, China etc., are booming and if we end up doing trade deals with them instead of the EU we'll bascially become their sweat shop - we will be their cheap labour! I honestly don't think the USA will be that interested in us, apart from wanting to take over our healthcare system. What else would they want from us? Buck Palace as the new US Embassy perhaps, Trump hates the place in South London.

Hell, he may as well take over running our country, he might be interested in that being 'on the table'. It can't be worse than life under Boris!!

I remember saying back when the first jobs were being 'off shored' to India that if every company in the UK followed suit, we'd end up a UK of unemployed and unskilled with no money to buy the products/services from those same companies who would also then go down the pan.

I said it at the time playing devils advocate but it's gradually becoming realilty. India, China etc., are booming and if we end up doing trade deals with them instead of the EU we'll bascially become their sweat shop - we will be their cheap labour! I honestly don't think the USA will be that interested in us, apart from wanting to take over our healthcare system. What else would they want from us? Buck Palace as the new US Embassy perhaps, Trump hates the place in South London.

Hell, he may as well take over running our country, he might be interested in that being 'on the table'. It can't be worse than life under Boris!!

I don't know why you think Americans want to take over your national health system. Companies want to sell products and services to you, not run the equivalent of the Titanic. You do have markets with people who will pay for products and services, so opportunities for money to be made are everywhere if you can find a niche.

Latest Threads