London Calling! help Combat Stress

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Fundraising-Combat-Stress, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WHO? COMBAT STRESS (Ex Services Mental Welfare Society)

WHAT? VOLUNTEER HELP URGENTLY required for our FIRST EVER London-Wide Street Collection!

WHEN? SATURDAY 6th MAY 2006, 10am to 4pm. HOWEVER, we're not expecting everyone to do a whole day if you can't. We would be very happy for just an hour of your time (perhaps pre-match!!)!!

WHERE? LONDON - we're covering Kingston, Richmond, Wandsworth (Putney), Merton (Wimbledon), Sutton, Croydon, Bromley, Greenwich, Havering, Islington, Westminster (Westminster & Covent Garden), Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, Southwark, Brent, Bexley & Lambeth (Clapham Junction and The Oval). Just choose where you would prefer to be based.

WHY? Combat Stress provides a vital service (the only Uk Charity) to ex-Service personnel suffering from psychological injury. With The Society now seeing an increased amount of veteran referals each year (particularly from Iraq), we need to raise greater awareness and vital funds to ensure that we can continue to provide the highest level of treatment possible.

[align=center]All in all we hope to have a fun day out on the streets of London raising money for a superb cause.[/align]

[align=center]Please get in touch with me (Rosie Gibbons) on or 01372 841616 if you are able to spare a little time for us.[/align]

As an added incentive, we have Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park tickets up for grabs for those who collect the highest amounts on the day!
  2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Anyone who can help out in the Southwark area on May 6th plse PM far Plastic Yank, Poppy and me are taking it on single handed :oops:

...any assistance would be very much appreciated ...especially from people who know the area !

Thank you....

3. ...........or e-mail Rosie and ask her to e-mail you a colour poster to pin up at work or in your TA centre 8)
  4. [marq=left]BUMP[/marq]
  5. [marq=left]BUMP[/marq]
  6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

DO THE BUMP!! .....reminds me of that old 70's classic by Kenny......

Ahem.....if there is anyone out there who can put me in touch with the London District TAVRA ( no, I don't know what the new name for it is) I'd be grateful for a PM......Ta !

And if anyone else wants a copy of the poster to display in their TAC, plse contact either me or Rosie Gibbons at Combat Stress or buy Poppy a drink !

(Well bumped that Pops!) :lol:

Lee Shaver
  7. please note a case of rioja would be perfectly acceptable!! :lol: :lol:
  8. Any news on when those who've contacted Rosie G will find out details of the day?
  9. I have a ticket for the Army v Navy game that day, although it is dubious whether I will be going. If I do you can definately put me down for a few hours. It won't be for long I'm afraid though as I don't arrive until 11ish and have to drop bags off. Think I have a few friends interested. Have you heard back from Zippy, Rosie? If he is doing it I am sure he will be able to drum a few more of our lot up too.
  10. BUMP! (again)

Please, if you can just give an hour or two of your time, it would be a great help.

Any North Londoners (specifically Islington) want to help out, please PM me.

Mods, any chance of making this a sticky until after the event?
  11. Hi,

Am also off to ArmyvNavy but could be around N London or Southwark to do a bit. Let me know.
  12. You are needed - so contact Rosie and offer your services.................................
  13. As One who receives a Government War Pension related to active service. I got help from Major David Harding of Combat Stress and I commend them as an organisation to all here.

The funds being raised by Rosie and Her Team will help hundreds if not thousands, so if You can get out of Your house to help for a couple of hours then those of us who have received and those who will in future need help will, I know, be grateful.
  14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks M-S,

JEM we'd be delighted with even an hour of your time in the Southwark area - and the same goes for anyone else who may be transitting or thinks they would like to help us out. Do plse contact Rosie Gibbons for info.

I'm thinking of standing at the entrance to the Tate Modern for a while...see how we go !

I seem to recall the old Goose & Firkin is within the Southwark boundary too....too late for a pint of Dogbolter but otherwise it's GOTTA be worth a visit !

Hmmmm.....then there's the Union Jack, the Doggett Coat and Badge, the Prince William Henry, the Rose & Crown, the Volunteer in the Cut, the Anchor at Bankside........ :lol:

( Anyone know if there's a TAC in Southwark? Is it the old London Scottish as was ?)

P-Y , fancy a planning session in the Eagle this Friday ?

15. Well ... thanks to all those who are helping out.. v much appreciated! For anyone who hasn't been in touch with me, please do and I will send you a very brief form to complete so that I can get name badges and authorisation docs made up for the collection day.

For those who have already returned them to me, I am putting together all the info for the day and will get it out to you shortly.

If anyone knows of anyone who can even spare half an hour then please put them in touch - we urgently need a few extra hands on deck!