London Cabbie get the right hump with old bill

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Stephen Fry? Phil The Greek?

It is well known that Hackney drivers are extremists. You only have to spend five minutes in the back of a cab to realise that.

So the cabbie is livid?

A simple 101 phone call to inform MPS of his situation would have saved everyone the grief, hassle & annoyance.

Remind me again that the terror threat was recently increased but this is evidence that a minority are still ignorant or complacent.

Forgot this is in the naafi: I hope the Police send him the Bill too..

CQMS

LE
it broke down in the city, so the cabbie left it parked, of course he could have put a note on the windscreen and let the Met know ?
Police noticed something flashing so got the bomb squad in and popped it
( flashing thing= taxi meter )

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/driver-livid-after-police-blew-up-his-broken-down-taxi-in-terror-scare-near-the-gherkin-9809597.html

sarf of the river mate !!

Because the followers of Admiral Akhbar wouldn't think to leave a note on the windscreen?

"Dear Plod, I'm not a bomb, I've just broken down - Promise"

So the cabbie is livid?

A simple 101 phone call to inform MPS of his situation would have saved everyone the grief, hassle & annoyance.

Remind me again that the terror threat was recently increased but this is evidence that a minority are still ignorant or complacent.

Likewise a quick PCN check on the cab would have confirmed it not stolen or missing - could have even been followed up with a confirmation check of the registered keeper.
Could have been done safely from the nearest CCTV suite without the aggro of deploying a single officer.
Surely quicker to execute than deploying an EOD unit, a cordon and a CE.

I thought the Police were The Bill.

Anyway the cabbie could have contacted the Peelers, telephone, email, a feckin message in a bottle. Anything. Before he went on his secret journey.

Especially with regards what has happened in Canada, I expect the police tension levels to be quite high in the met, afterall it only takes one mong to take inspiration and put something quick and dirty together....

Especially with regards what has happened in Canada, I expect the police tension levels to be quite high in the met, afterall it only takes one mong to take inspiration and put something quick and dirty together....
Tensions along with increased armed Police patrolling has significantly increased in the smoke however a lone wolf/s are just one of the biggest ongoing issues, of one the Canandian authourities are unfortunately finding out too well.

CQMS

LE
Likewise a quick PCN check on the cab would have confirmed it not stolen or missing - could have even been followed up with a confirmation check of the registered keeper.
Could have been done safely from the nearest CCTV suite without the aggro of deploying a single officer.

Sure, let's kidnap a cabbie, put a bomb in his cab and park it somewhere where the bang will mean something.

We'll put a note on the windscreen and as it's not nicked Plod will leave it alone.

Tensions along with increased armed Police patrolling has significantly increased in the smoke however a lone wolf/s are just one of the biggest ongoing issues, of one the Canandian authourities are unfortunately finding out too well.
Indeed. While looking it up and raising the guy by phone was a possible coa, imagine if it had been a device and it went off in the process. ...

simbo

LE
I was in London once when a Cabbie did a sudden U-turn and nearly hit a motorcycle cop. Cue one visor raised and I learned a few new words I didn't think a police officer could use to a member of the public!

What's a PCN check? Things have changed since I left. They've got new checks and everything.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Sure, let's kidnap a cabbie, put a bomb in his cab and park it somewhere where the bang will mean something.

We'll put a note on the windscreen and as it's not nicked Plod will leave it alone.
Lets not bother, the Met EOD blokes are doing our job for us. Allahu Akbar!

Last edited:
Well it's not as if black cabs have ever been used to carry a bomb to target in London is it..........................

JAD

LE
Maybe the EOD/ bomb squad heard something ticking inside the cab, say sounding similar to the noise a black cab meter makes? Just a thought.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
What's a PCN check? Things have changed since I left. They've got new checks and everything.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
It's a new system that they're sharing with the French.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
but much less fun???

Latest Threads