London Boot Boy's and the Olympics.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
  2. No

14 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't want this to go on the current "London riot threads" as this is a separate matter.

The question is ..... With images being broadcast around the world of anarchy on the streets of London, will this have a detrimental effect on the London Olympic games venue?
  2. Why would it? It will all be forgotten next week.
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Is there a "Who gives a rats arse" option?
  4. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Answer your own question , China had the last Olympics, they had protesters they shot them, The Olympics has nothing to do with community or sport, it,s all buisness.
    And a few dissafected peasents wont make a difference.
  5. If the Met struggles to deal with a load of untermeschen gangsta-Walts, who's average IQ is in single figures, it does'nt bode well for the Olympics, when they may have to deal with far more dangerous opponents.

Of course, Plod will be heavily reinforced by the Military next year. And the Met will be drafting in every copper in the UK who can carry a shield and baton, or knows which end of a gat the round comes out of.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the rioting in London has'nt been copied in other UK cities; the response of the Met has'nt been particularly impressive, and there are plenty of subhumans outside London who will fancy a new 50" plasma TV...
  6. It's not as if they have tickets, the most they can hope for is being basket boys/girls for the athletes.
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Hey, hang loose, admit nothing, act like a rucksack. We are safe. Little Nicky is here...

8. The Atlanta Olympics had a bombing in the run up, yet I doubt anyone remembers anything much about it*. Why would this one be different?

*Unless you're a spotter like me: it was the only international sports competition in which the Hong Kong flag was raised at a medal ceremony to the accompaniment of God Save the Queen.
  9.'s all your fault!
  10. as a bonus you can have new sports for the olympics,like the 100 metre sprint with a tv under your arm. :)
  11. With any luck I shall be able to get out of London during the fvcking Olympics. I managed to avoid Wimbledon for a week this year (I live in Southfields - alight for Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Club). What an expensive waste of time, effort and money.

12. I would imagine a fair number of Septics might have changed their minds; they do have previous for it.
  13. Where ever will we find the requisite number of obese blobs in brightly-coloured polyester?

Oh, that's right - it's London.
  14. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Bear in mind that there were mass people power protests in 1987 that resulted in the end of authoritarian rule in Seoul; In 1988, the Olympics took place.

As ref'ed above, there was a smidgen of protest before the Beijing Olympics: Rat-a-tat-tat took care of that.

Now, in 2011, we have these street sports across the nation a year before your hour of glory.

Am I a conspiracy theorist, or does anyone deduce a pattern here?
  15. ... not forgetting the Fabergé Egg & silver spoon race ^_~