London Based Reserve Units

Evening All,

Just a few quick questions for hopeful new middle aged Reserve. I've been looking for a Central London Reserve Unit recommendation as I'm not overtly fussed of which I join as I work and live in Central London. I've got a few quick questions and perhaps seeking some recommendations:

1. I requested with my CSM to apply for 31 MI Coy as the Military Intelligence Corps seemed interesting with the benefit of being a short distance from work (not that thats a major incentive). My CSM said I didn't pass the security requirements - would this be because I'm a Commonwealth citizen? or perhaps because I didn't do my A-Level (did my secondary education overseas so no UK equivalent)? Would there be any possibility a reservist could transfer from another unit a later point?
  2. I'm thinking therefore the 68 Signals Sqn in Holborn - does anyone have any thoughts on this unit - would like to get a fair opinion?
  3. Are there any other recommendations London based reservists have?
Thanks,

Comstock

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
HAC.

You won’t be disappointed.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

SignalFire

Clanker
HAC.

You won’t be disappointed.
Yeah imagine living in London and not being a HAC stab, it's the best TA unit in the Armed Forces, not just when it comes to training soldiers but also for opportunities outside the Forces.

HAC is part of 1st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Brigade.

Calimero

Clanker
I think London is a big town so there are plenty of Options, use the search location tool on the Army website.

Depends what it is you want to do and how far you want to travel.

Latest Threads