London - A First Rate City in a Second Rate Country

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AndyPipkin, Mar 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

London is more or less a city state , take London out of the uk and what have you got ?

Belgium that what .

• Like Like x 2
  2. Eeeeeeeh, London. Never been there before.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I always thought it was a second rate city in a first rate country - and I live in London.

4. The London centric politics driven by all our traditional parties has bled the UK dry to London's benefit. If the process doesn't reverse soon there will be bloodshed.

5. Don't talk rubbish.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. I quite like the idea of a March on London, mobs of crazed peasants driving the investment bankers and digital media developers from their overpriced bars and cafés, setting merry torch to the Tate Modern etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ......only to have their spokesman, a Mr Tyler perhaps, stabbed to death by Boris Johnson during peace negotiations.

8. London is the only city in the world that everybody feels like a foreigner.

Think of all that Russian "laundered" money propelling the property market into fantasy prices that only other "bussinessmen" can affford. Wait for the banks to open in Cypress and we'll see new record prices in the market. Hanover Lodge sold £120m only for the new owner to start to knock it down so he can have a bigger pool and spa. Stupid. Probably paid less stamp duty than most due to the offshore ownership loophole.

9. Had a mate who opined - 'I'd rather be a lamp post in Liverpool, than a person living in London'.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Watt??

Please bring back yer lady with the hola hoop, I miss her a lot.....

11. I'd had it down as a third rate city in a second rate country which has some first rate bits to it.

An appalling shithole of a place, filled with more than the national average of *******.

12. I was born in the place and every time I go back I'm grateful my parents took us out of the shithole.

It's a vortex sucking the life out of the rest of the UK.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The article was brilliant, especially with the comments section unsurprisingly being populated by gushing northern monkeys.

Interestingly the people who go on about Londoners being ******* come across as profound ******* themselves, especially since their comments are peppered with terms like "ragheads".

I think it's brilliant, so much quality music/eateries/watering holes/parties/other events and too much fanny to keep up with.

A north south divide riot?

That's a new one I've read on the internet.
    When will it be? There are quite a few riots predicted on the internet, will it be before the racial tension riot? After the next student riot? Or between the wealth gap and anti banking riot?

• Like Like x 1