LONDON 31st July Charity Crawl

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Gremlin, Jul 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

As usual with most crawls this will probably stay in the same Pub all day!!

The cunning plan is as follows:

Wompingwillow is propping up a bit of architecture in Trafalgar Square between 15:00-16:00 as part of Antony Gormley's 4th Plinth Art project, and in doing so is raising some dosh for Hols4H.

An assembled mob of Arrsers is required to watch her carry out this task and generally take the piss. Points to note at this stage are that drinking booze in the Square is verboten (punishable by a severe ticking off from Boris), and anyone getting knicked is on their own (but may well be awarded kudos points later depending upon the arrestable act!).

Following this the assembled crowd will then progress to The Silver Cross * on Whitehall to revive themselves. This is expected to take several hours!
    If I manage to motivate myself there will be tour shirts available on location; one colour, one pattern, size is hobson's choice, approx cost a tenner.

Please remember that apart from chucking as much beer down your neck as is humanly possible, the main aim of the day is to raise money for Charity, therefore the Old Crawl Rules will be in force. That is:

A bucket for fines will be present, if fined you pay up.

Finable offences include:

Failure to wear either an Arrse or Forces shirt/top (Tour Shirts will count).
    Wearing Ron Hills and/or White Stilettos.
    Failing to attend the Plinth before hand (ie being Jack. Work is not an excuse!).
    Passing out.
    Being minging.
    Being Jack- ie refusal to participate in games or drink on command/request.

Fines will be kept to an acceptable level, in order not to threaten beer tokenage.

Amendment to Arrse Challenge Coin Rules:

On being challenged the fine is commuted to £3 in the collection bucket.
    A person can only be fined once.
    Over challenging is finable at the rate of £2 per challenge.

Any tour photographs to be published must have the approval of all in the shot, and must be nastied where requested.

Group Photo to be taken at the Plinth base at 15:55 and a possible to be taken by Nelson Column at a much much later time. ;)

Usual rules for the attendance list apply.

Crack on:

Edit: * Note change of Pub due to initial idiocy!
  2. I've already been told that I am attending.

I think I was given some sort of choice in the matter, but warned of the consequences of not doing what I'm told
  3. Might possibly be there ... will check with the diary when she gets home from work!
  4. I will be there as long as my consultant permits
  5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I will be in Spain thinking of you all :lol:
  6. Is that why your username is Spanish Dave?
  7. Depends on work shift patterns.
  8. I wouldn't mind coming along - its my 34th that day and I have no plans - no lobbing me in the fountain thingy though.
  9. Sounds like a good day out.
    All bar the fines for

Wearing Ron Hills and/or White Stilettos.
    Passing out.
    Being minging.

Otherwise happy about the rest and looking forward to being in town for my first arrse crawl
  10. Will give it some thought, might be able to.
  11. Oooh, I'm on leave then!!!!

Count me in Gremmers. We can have some early birthday celebrations as well (I'm sick and tired of being 21 again).
  12. I'll be there old chap

13. May try and do this one as mac as offered to hold my hand!As i am just like him a light weight.Less than 5 taboos and i will be paying fines.

Can anyone say which station i need or hotels close by?
  14. Confirmed ... will be there.

What about shorts with sandals and socks ... fineable?
  15. If I can get the night off work I may trundle along.