London 10Km - Combat Stress - Sun 14th July

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by fozzy, Apr 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Greetings to the ARRSE London 10k Collective.
    Just had notification of this event arrive into my inbox. Seeing as we had such a good time last year, and it was for such a worthy cause - anyone else up for it?

2. Hi Fozzy, I should be around for the day.

3. Me too.

4. Sorry would love to join you but I will be running around the Gorges de l'Aveyron, hope the sun shines for you this year. First person to post a link gets some dosh ;-)

Will the Patrouille de France be doing a flypast?

5. Bastille Day. Hmm.

6. I'll be about for a few post run socials and some vocal support but after last years I'll pass and stick to quieter 10k and 1/2 marathons.

7. I'll be there, but won't be running this year - will be good to see the usual suspects again :-D and, I have managed to convince hubby to run this one!
    Are we meeting up at the same spot as always?

8. Was going to ask how the walk was going until I reread the dates on your page :)

Please update on how it goes, though.

9. So who's trotting and who has a Just Giving page this year?

10. So who ran? Did anyone have a Justgiving page this year?

Did .Dolly turn up? I haven't seen her on here since last summer. If anyone knows her, please let her know I was asking after her.

11. I ran for H4H. Underestimated the heat but thougt my time was respectable. Think I've been roped into doing it for them again next year but in the 'Hero Bear' costume... god help me!

12. The usual suspects were busy this year, Alec_Lomas, Soldier_Girl and I were there to cheer on S-G's other half who ran it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I ran it, but I ran it for a smaller (non military) charity in support of a friend. Will probably run for the same charity next year :)

14. Sparky which H4H? Hols or Help?

15. Help4Heroes.

Ran the first few Ks with my wife (who works at Tedworth House) but she was feeling it and like all good husbands, I had to leave her behind! Still she did OK and posted a decent time herself