London 10Km - Combat Stress - Sun 14th July

F

fozzy

Greetings to the ARRSE London 10k Collective.
Just had notification of this event arrive into my inbox. Seeing as we had such a good time last year, and it was for such a worthy cause - anyone else up for it?

Hi Fozzy, I should be around for the day.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Me too.

Sorry would love to join you but I will be running around the Gorges de l'Aveyron, hope the sun shines for you this year. First person to post a link gets some dosh ;-)

Will the Patrouille de France be doing a flypast?

I'll be there, but won't be running this year - will be good to see the usual suspects again :-D and, I have managed to convince hubby to run this one!
Are we meeting up at the same spot as always?

So who ran? Did anyone have a Justgiving page this year?

Did .Dolly turn up? I haven't seen her on here since last summer. If anyone knows her, please let her know I was asking after her.

I ran for H4H. Underestimated the heat but thougt my time was respectable. Think I've been roped into doing it for them again next year but in the 'Hero Bear' costume... god help me!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The usual suspects were busy this year, Alec_Lomas, Soldier_Girl and I were there to cheer on S-G's other half who ran it.

I ran it, but I ran it for a smaller (non military) charity in support of a friend. Will probably run for the same charity next year :)

Help4Heroes.

Ran the first few Ks with my wife (who works at Tedworth House) but she was feeling it and like all good husbands, I had to leave her behind! Still she did OK and posted a decent time herself

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well done all those who took part - and the faithful roadside crew !

.dolly and me both decided to give it a miss this year having run the L0ndon 10K five times each.

It's my year for running races I've never done before so will be in L0ndon running the Royal Parks Half Marathon for Combat Stress on 06 October instead if anyone is around and fancies a post race pint :)

Read about the event here
http://royalparkshalf.com/about/about-the-race

This race regularly features in Runners World Top Ten in the UK....and is consequently very popular!

Combat Stress has a number of places available for those who missed the entry - if you are interested contact Tom Wilman

Other Combat Stress events coming up in the remainder of 2013:

>Combat Stress in Scotland Summer Lecture EDINBURGH 20 AUGUST 2013 LINKY
>London to Brighton Cycle.....LONDON.....08 SEPTEMBER 2013
>The Combat Stress Clay Shoot Pangbourne, Berks 26 SEPTEMBER 2013 - LINKY
>The Combat Stress in Scotland Autumn Lecture - Edinburgh - 24 OCTOBER 2013
>Armistice Lecture LONDON.....07 NOVEMBER 2013 LINKY

Sorry not to have made it up for this year...can we persuade CS to switch to the BUPA 10K in May instead ?!