LOL Britains formal protest to Iran

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Butcher, Apr 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This has to be a joke

Britain's Formal Protest Over Hostages

The world has already ridiculed us about our weak response to Iran and now they get a second chance to remind us that we are nolonger a great country and really more like a lion without teeth.

Iran will laugh its socks off.
  2. msr

msr LE

Lion? Dead sheep more like.

3. We have no-one to blame but ourselves (those of voting age) wether we voted for, against or not at all that t%at got in and in my opinion has ruined this country far more than Thatcher allegedly did.........Absoloutly dire.....we are the laughing stock of the whole world
  4. I reckon we should do away with the political parties and prime minister job and just have The Queen rule the country, never again will I vote for any of the three main parties.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well according to Margaret Beckett, we have to 'recalibrate' our formal protest to the Iranian people.

My suggestion for recalibration would be to turn the dial to the fcuking right you stupid wishy-washy wimp of a politician.

How about we cut down on the length of our formal protest and call it a 'formal warning'. One which includes the words: "You got away with it once, but don't think for one second you will get away with pulling a stunt like that again - we won't be so crap next time, and your cards are fcuking marked my san!"
  6. In a word F**king Pathetic! OK that was two but what wimp decided on that response?

'Please give me back my sailors or I'll stamp my feet and cry!'

F**king Politico's
  7. Oi!!!! please rephrase to "those of voting age at the last election".
  8. Hang about a minute..........before we start to stir up our own subversion in the eyes of the ferkin Iranians...........Please not that the article is telling of the "Formal Protest" to come. Therfore wait out until the real one is delivered. If its crap and weak then slate it but wait to see first.
  9. This is more of a face saving exercise for our pollies. The whole of the Middle East has already made up its mind on what happened and is unlikely to change it's opinion. That is if it even gets to hear whatever it is that the Dream Palace comes up with.
  10. Bet the Iranians are absolutely sh*tting themselves over this. We already look tw@ts after the hostage/kidnap affair, this will really make them sit up and listen.

Isn't a formal response a letter?

Fcuk me, what a shambles.
  11. Article say not cutting diplomatic relations. Why the feck not? They sieze British Forces who show admirable restraint and common sense by not fighting back. They breach all rules of common decency by parading them (not breaches of geneva Convention or any rules of war because we are not at war) They return our troops when faced by worldwide condemnations and then continue to keep stolen kit.

Onl one decent and honourable response. Withdraw our dplomats once we have given UK subjects a chance to leave Iran, then evict all Iranian diplomats and consul officials. Isuue clear warning that any action against British Subjects remaining in Iran will be deemed an act of aggression. Next Iranian boat approaching British vessel to be blown out of water (one generic warning is all that is needed)

Countless bleeding heart liberals, some British companies and many apologists will condeemn actions but at least we would have made a moral and just stand against a barbaric regime that have prove incapable of behaving in a manner acceptable to democratic and humane norms.

Will it happen?- no we will tell them in writing that we are a bit miffed and would they mind terribly not doing it again
  12. msr

msr LE

There is no requirement for a formal declaration of war for the Geneva Conventions to apply.

Hence Law of Armed Comflict (not Law of War as our transatlantic cousins call it).

13. The time to talk tough was when it happened.
  14. Absolute Monarchy?

I'll take a chance with it - it's not going to be any worse than the current arrangement.
  15. We've all seen Team America

"We will send you a letter telling you how cross we are"