Loitering munitions thread - MOVED

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by GunnersQuadrant, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

I have just removed the loitering munitions thread due to a few posts regarding current deployment of weapon systems and capabilities.

I am all up for a sensible debate on the deployment/capability of LM's but not when it impacts on the security of the current deployments to TELIC and HERRICK and our ability as Gunners to prosecute targets.

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Can you quantify how that relates to the Mail on Sunday expose in which the following information was provided on the technology: how it launches, the quantity of explosives stored, how long and how far it can fly, and what speed, who can activate it, how it is targetted, what it's used against and in what role it will be used, a photograph, with stage by stage deployment and firing, and why it is the preferred bit of kit over other 500lb bombs?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing been mentioned that wasn't already splattered large all over the Daily Hate in a full-page article.

OPSEC? Best have a word with some editors.

3. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

As stated here it was not the original post which was sound but the following posts which devolved into an e-peen contest about capability which stated manning, current deployment options to name a few.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Nuff said. Thought I'd ask.