Logistic Ammunition Technician, EW Operator or Combat Engineer?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by pat0115, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically I left school with 7 GCSEs at C and above, including 2Bs in English and a C in science. However failed maths by only getting a D. Im considering retaking my maths in September and then upon passing with a C (hopefully) I will apply for Logistic Ammo Tech or EW operator. However I am also considering applying for combat engineer when I turn 17 in july.

Which would be the best route to take, applying to become a sapper or retaking maths and fast track to LCpl in a different trade?

And also what other jobs promote to LCpl upon passing phase 2 training?

Thanks in advance.
  2. You're asking a load of random people on an Internet forum what path YOU should take in YOUR life? I will respond by asking you for a big mac meal, and before you even go there...no I would not like a large meal thank you.
  3. Don't bother with Ammo Tech.

If your only attraction to it is because you receive LCpl after training then you're unlikely to pass selection.

You come across as a bit of a penis why don't you go RMP?
  4. Im asking for advice from people who know alot more about the army than I do, im not asking for you to make the decision for me.
  5. Its obviously not my only attraction as I wouldn't be considering joining as a combat engineer if it was...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.