Loggin On in Vista

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by FaceLikeAPingPongBall, Mar 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having got a laptop with Windows Vista on it, I find that a number of ARRSE features don't show - in particular the little security code that would let me log on. :frustrated:

I've turned all the security features off and clicked 'enable' to all the IE preferences and the security code still doesn't show! :pissedoff:

Any ideas folks?

Or does Bill Gates just have the arse with ARRSE!

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Strange - my Vista install never has any problems and is running on the standard security. Could you try refreshing the page by pressing ctrl and f5 together, and if that doesn't work then right click on the missing image (a red cross?) and choose "show image".

Otherwise could you tell me which other features don't work and it may help me crack it.

3. I have the 'red cross' instead of the loggin picture, and a number of other 'red crosse' on the forums page instead of the little picies on the left of the the page (as you look at it) yet funnily enough, not when I click on to a particular sub-forum, e.g RAC, Inf.

It's driving me crazy and I'll do time for this OS soon!

4. msr

msr LE

5. I've had no problems with Vista whatsoever and IE7 logging onto ARRSE. Mind you, Vista is a pile of overrated (by Microsoft) pap and does nothing that XP does not already do and prevents you from doing several things XP does.
    Didtch Vista and go back to XP is my advice (saying that, I'm on Firefox on Mac OS X due to work buying me a very funky Mac Book Pro).

6. Firefox has me logged on as a User! RESULT!!!

Thank You :blowkiss:

7. Way ahead mate!

8. Still can't in IE 7

Bill Gates, you're a c.......

Nah, I'll be good n keep this clean and sensible.

Anyone have an idea why my IE won't let me log on - it won't play youtube videos either.

9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Do you have any ad blocker software or Thieving Weasel Inc's Take-over-your-pc-and-really-cause-you-loads-of-problems Internet Protection Suite installed? Perhaps something thinks you're looking at 'unsuitable content' or has decided those images are ads? Just a thought..... I'll keep thinking but it may have to be tomorrow!