Logbook problems!

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Elleliam06, Aug 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I brought a car with no logbook or green slip (I know very stupid and I will never do it again) I sent off a v62 to dvla, and I am still waiting for logbook to come. I have rang and rang dvla and they have said it was being processed. I have now been told by dvla that there is a discrepancy on the records! Does anyone know what that could mean?? I have paid the £20 for a full check on the vehicle and everything is fine, not stolen, not reported for theft, no finance outstanding, so god only knows what could be wrong, but dvla will not tell me what the problem is!! The car ran out of tax 4 weeks ago so I am stuck without a car.

would anyone know what the problem could be??
    thanks

2. Probably hasn't been SORNed at some point. Or something worse.

In any event, if it inolves the DVLA, it's going to cost you.

3. I just can't see why dvla can't tell me what the problem is? They won't give out any information?
    they are so unhelpful!

4. Sounds like your motor might have been an insurance write off at some stage of its life.

You may be required to take your vehicle into a VOSA centre to have its identity verified.

It is a ball ache and it does cost.

5. The rac check (£15.50) i did on the vehicle all came back clear of any accidents losses etc. so I don't think the problem could be there. The check was totally clear of everything the vin number matches the vrm which is good news. I just wish dvla could give out answers!

6. It's stolen most likely (a ringer). Plod will be around soon to take it off your hands. And you will have lost all your cash.

Oh dear. (Hence the lack of telling you what the problem is so you don't torch it quick like.........).

7. But the car check I did, came back as not being stolen or reported as theft, and the vin matches the vrm, so not sure if it stolen as the rac check said it wasn't?

8. so sue the RAC for the price of your car and all assosiated costs, inluding the check in the first place.

9. I got pulled over in it before it ran out of tax for a light being out, and surely if it was stolen it would of come up on the police checks?

10. Wouldn't that be just great? A pound to a pinch of sh*t that in the small print there is a clause that they cannot be held responsible for inaccurate information. Of course, that you had paid for such a check and are going to rely on it won't count for poo.

11. I've got to ask - why would you ever hand over your hard earned cash for a car, without getting the V5 in return?

12. You'll end up with two V5s in the post tomorrow, knowing how totally totally useless the cretinous edifice that the DVLA has become is - its now staffed exclusively by mongs. Can you guess that I've just had four court cases against them [and won!] - MONGS!!!!

13. No chance, the T&C's are not going to be in the OP's favour

Below are a few key quotes from the RAC website regarding T&C's on Car checks

and when you look at the HPI guarantee . . .

You know they always have a stay-out-of-jail clause

https://www.raccheck.com/consumer/RACtermsSummary.do

14. We did a straight swap for the car we had originally. Trust me I have learnt my lesson about not purchasing a vehicle with no paperwork!

15. Happens all the time which is why there's a tried and trusted method [and form] to obtain a new one, plus yer £20 obviously....