Lodge Hill Shooting Club

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by amazing__lobster, Jun 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I used to shoot with this club when I was at Chatham in early 2000 as my "Wednesday afternoon sport", and also used to shoot game on Saturdays with the club.

Just wondering what happened to it? I tried googling and found nothing, although I saw the RE Saddle Club closed down, so I imagine they also probably got rid of the pheasant pens, full-time game keeper etc.
  2. It was open last year and seemed to be thriving. I will endeavor to find you a contact phone number. (Sometime this week unless someone else can confirm beforehand.)
  3. Mary on the gates old man used to be one of the leading lights of the shooting club - in fact his nickname used to be "Q pheasants". Buggered if I can remember their surname. It'll likely come back to me when I'm pissed. I was up at Lodge Hill last week and Sandy told me that the riding club had gone and he had just sold his boat as the sailing club was now gone too. I forgot to ask him about the shooting club. Hope its still going strong, I used to do poaching at Lodge Hill when I was a full screw - many a tasty rabbit and pheasant was had from there.
  4. It was Roger and Mary Heaton IIRC. I asked to join it and was told I could be a beater (sapper at the time) so never bothered again
  5. Ah yes thanks for that. Mary used to be the gate security officertoo as I recall.
  6. You have to start somewhere!
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Absolutely. It's one of the best ways of learning about driven game shooting!