Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Lodge Hill barracks Medway

ugly

LE
Can anyone recall when it closed, it was on the local news tonight. I have a vague recollection of the place in the 1980's but I have a weird feeling that it was closed already. The news item was about housing, nightingales and local council but who cares?

There was an excellent letter from the housing comedian to the families at Lodge Hill about their children setting booby traps in the woods around camp!

As my wife would say.. "its genetic"

Edited to add... found it ! booby traps.jpg

Last edited:
There was an excellent letter from the housing comedian to the families at Lodge Hill about their children setting booby traps in the woods around camp!

As my wife would say.. "its genetic"

Edited to add... found it !View attachment 366643
Me and my cousin caused the guard QRF to be called out looking for terrorists in the woods behind the MQs at chattenden early in the summer of 1983 one day whilst we were re-enacting my uncles summer holiday from the year before with some other kids from the patch helpfully playing the part of the Argies, aparantly according to the full screw who collared me mid stick rifle and bayonet charge the battle on mount tumbledown was considerably quieter than us lot, I still haven’t worked out how anyone can confuse a bunch of 5 and 6 year old kids for an IRA ASU