Locking Threads

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by HHH, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

Would it not be a good idea, if when a MOD locks a thread, they post a reason.

It doesn't have to be a long explanation, just a couple of words would do
    i.e.1. Thread locked for tidying up/will re-open. 2. Locked due to topic done elsewhere etc.

I noticed one being locked in CA then two more on the same topic opening up straight away & having to be locked.
    At least then people would know what has happened to the thread.

2. Problem is, people aren't searching the site before posting, the lazy scuttle urchins. But I do agree, a quick reason, even if it's just a couple of words may stop others duplicating.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You mean like, "The thread is locked because it is being pruned!" Probably of all that nasty wacism.

4. I think they got locked up due to PCness...init

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Well given that the locked one was pretty much just ranting about how black people can't help themselves and can't be trusted not to riot by the site's BNP element, I thought it was obvious that it was closed for pruning.

Hand's up on sunnoficarus' thread though. Locked that one because he's a tool.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HHH

HHH LE

It seems it wasn't obvious enough for me, that's why I posted this.

7. It was quite obvious what would happen to such a thread. If it's opened up it'll end up locked again anyway because people can't moderate themselves - the ******* *****.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Can we not lock this thread?

9. Sixty did exactly that on the thread I started.

10. It appears that certain truths are not allowed now.

11. HHH

HHH LE

I wasn't asking for it to be unlocked and my comments refer to the whole site not just this thread.

12. Can we have a favourite locked thread, thread?

13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Thread's still there isn't it? I'd have punted it entirely if it wasn't being edited to remove some of the more KKK elements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.