Lockheed MC-145B Wily Coyote

Have seen AFSOC C-145 albeit in civvy blue and white paint scheme turn up at Mildenhall few years back and now

Meet The MC-145B Wily Coyote Armed Special Ops Transport Plane

Built by heir Polish subsidiary of Sikorsky -PZL-Milec anyhow now

image_764c6da0fb3279b90ddf419c9698df51c07ffa27.png

image_1f8c6faf5e27cec015a97bd79a7e604e433c6e16.png

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Have seen AFSOC C-145 albeit in civvy blue and white paint scheme turn up at Mildenhall few years back and now

Meet The MC-145B Wily Coyote Armed Special Ops Transport Plane

Built by heir Polish subsidiary of Sikorsky -PZL-Milec anyhow now

View attachment 612373

View attachment 612372

Wow, I never thought anybody could build an uglier Skyvan

Yup, also a bit tricky for crew to get in and out as only door was ramp type thing at the rear. They flew horribly overloaded so local operators would get the Russki crew in place then proceed to pack the rear up to the roof with cigarettes and crates of beer while the poor bastards sat there in 40 deg heat and near 100% humidity slowly melting away before they could button up and get airborne.

seat_sniffer2

Old-Salt
the Skyvan was made out of the box it came in......I'll bet all the parts on this aircraft are labelled as "Acme"

Used to watch them taking off from Shorts in Belfast, while I was with the roulement Wksps, wondering where they were going? Then I ended getting ferried about Oman in them a few years later. Quite an experience flying in to Khasab, with big hills either side of it, bouncing about in the side draughts! Was even less room available for the Hercules flights as I recall. :eek:

Goat Island landing strip was a bit hairy as well.

Seem to remember there was a few stories about accidents with Skyvan landings doing the rounds.