Lockheed LM-100J performing @FIAS 2018

From LM website:

support a variety of future missions including aerial spray, aerial firefighting and delivery, medevac/air ambulance, humanitarian aid and VIP transport.
I think these would be better if they were designed to take 1 or 2 ISO Shipping Containers. It seems ISO Shipping Containers are the world standard freight measurement, a bit like London Buses and Olympic Swimming Pools.

That way it can be very modular.

From LM website:

I think these would be better if they were designed to take 1 or 2 ISO Shipping Containers. It seems ISO Shipping Containers are the world standard freight measurement, a bit like London Buses and Olympic Swimming Pools.

That way it can be very modular.
ISO Standard inter-modal containers weigh between 5,000 and 10,000 lbs each depending on type (length, hi-cube refrigeration). It's too much tare overhead for airfreight... You need a light disposable package system that allows the load to be inserted/removed easily into/from an ISO once it lands at a mode change point.

ISO Standard inter-modal containers weigh between 5,000 and 10,000 lbs each depending on type (length, hi-cube refrigeration). It's too much tare overhead for airfreight... You need a light disposable package system that allows the load to be inserted/removed easily into/from an ISO once it lands at a mode change point.
I read about Australia contract for Land Vehicles which should be able to adapt to ISO "containers" for modularity. They could take a half or full ISO Container Medical facility, air defence system, water treatment plant (etc etc)

Also the Aussie ships were designed on ISO container sizes to have accomodation, spares, tooling, etc to make them modular.

So the Army and Navy were common, this could make the airforce part of the solution?

I'd thought that someone would have solved this problem, it I can't see any commercial company offering anything that looks like it avoids repacking for a mode change involving air. ISO have a standard on air freight inter-modal containers (ISO 8323:1985 ) but it's paywalled :(