Lockerbie - the truth at last?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cessna123, Feb 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today - 2.57pm: Libya's former justice minister, who resigned from Gaddafi's government following the crackdown on protesters, has told a Swedish newspaper that Gaddafi personally ordered the Lockerbie bombing, which killed 270 people in 1988.
    A reporter from Expressen interviewed Mustafa Abdel-Jalil in Libya. The newspaper's website quotes the former minister as saying: "I have proof that Gaddafi gave the order about Lockerbie."

Can someone tell Blair/Brown/Mandelson/Prince Andrew and all the other Libya loving folks.

2. Got a link?

3. Yeah, I'll pop round and see them all after I've had my tea and tell them. Are we really surprised that his former Governor/Ministers are now ratting on him? Not really, but let's see the proof, I'm sure Gadaffi wouldn't have stuck a signature to it. Although,I do think it's time the Americans went to visit Al Meghrahi and invited him to visit the inside of one of their Penitentiaries.

4. 20 odd years ago? Libya still has oil we want.

5. Could it not be that this bloke has done a runner and now wants to make sure he's given asylum? To be fair though if the regime in Libya knew about the bombing Gadaffi, by virtue that he is the regime must have ordered it...

6. Like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Say anything for the chance to get on a lifeboat. I bet in the next few days all kinds of "startling new revelations" will come to light.

Like al Qaeda setting up Islamic emirates in Libya. Oh crap! It already happened.

7. I have to agree with RED and Placebo.....he is still in Libya and maybe he's worried that someone will string him u on a lamp post so Taa daaa he has evidence if only someone could get him out of there to share it.

8. Agreed.... This is almost pythonesk, all his high ranking 'officials' see the writing is on the wall for Gaddafi, so they turn like the cowardly nest feathering but of zealots they are. Surprised? I certainly 'aint.

9. Proof would be really intresting to see. Untill then its just so much hot air.

I have much more sympathy for the pilots who defected rather than bomb the civ pop...although I'd like to see their written orders also.