Locker Layout - Erect & Square to the front Socks ffs!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Gundulph, Sep 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I remember this was a right nause in training many moons ago, it was bad enough getting everything a perfect 9" x 9" in the locker layout, but Erect and perfectly Square to the Front Army Green Socks was no Joke!!! do they still make recruits today carry out the same locker manouvre?! I'd volunteer to do the room Bed Blocks everytime while some othe poor sod volunteered for the Squaring off of the Socks!... 8O
  2. Smiley faces on a good day, sad ones on a bad day.
  3. I really hope they do have to do bed blocks and locker layouts but I wouldn't be suprised if they have duvets now
  4. ROFL!!!

Those were the ones! shame we didn't have digital cameras back then, to have had a few reminders in later years, not that I would want to be reminded too many times of Bed Blocks and Smiley Socks mind! 8O
  5. Yup..

smiley socks

Boxed pillowcases

Cardboard in large packs/ammo pouches etc

Although often this would be insufficintley square and the exasperated DS would into

"You f ucking FRED horror..... get in your top box... knees to the chest.. GO"

Followed by a bemused JL clambering in, closing the formica door, and a rythmic thudding as he complied :D
  6. Just as well they don't get issued NI gloves! We had to bull the pads on them for locker inspections!
  7. NBC masks had to be gleaming but if you were found out using boot polish you would be in the shit. Itchy lankets all the way.Sister troop got duvets! :x
  8. haha fcukin smiley socks! Didnt have a clue what the training screws were on about till they trashed my locker because some were happy and some werent! Soon clicked on after that though! Best bit had to be when the full screws couldnt be arrsed smashing someones locker up and they told you to do it. Was quality seeing the other lads face as you went to town on his kit and feeling quite smug about it.

That was till they told him to now trash your locker!!!!

9. Haha, tell me bout it! Resi chucked out of window, eye piece cracked. Re-inspection half hour later on a Sunday night. Corporal "Why the **** is your resi still broken?!"
  10. Oh the memories!

Edited to remove the word happy! :x
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Not mine
    Bed block on finals before being fired through a window no doubt
  12. had many a bedblock go through the windows..
  13. Now that picture makes me hard. Bulled Resi’s what a great idea bulling the inside of the bin another winner. My fav was fostered on us not in training but on a promotion course scraping the paint of a Brasso tin so only a RA was left. And we had to pay for our own fecking Brasso tins
  14. is that a guard room cell i see there??
  15. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I believe it's one of the old ten man rooms at either RAF Cosford or Swinderby

I remember the Cpl throwing one of my DMS boots on the floor and it breaking abone in an oppo's foot

No undercover BBc reporter or MOD investigation though just got up an got on with it