Lock down backgrounds.

Anyone else noticed how intelligent all those on lockdown on video are?

They all seem to have a fantastic book collection behind them when they post . Amazing it’s Nelson Mandelas story or How to live, Germinal, meant to be read in French , so I have no chance.

All American folk ? Would you believe it?.

Meh! The throbbers only have one or two bookcases. I could breeze through that in a week.

For reference, my current book total stands at around 800. I've given some away recently.

kimmi851

War Hero
Anyone with books without bent spines on the shelves is deeply suspect in my mind. Then again I am the one who begged to buy the biography of Mad Jack Churchill from a museum for a Sapper by post (it is super rare) it arrived and I was keeping it as worthily as possible as a present - only to keep it for myself because Mini Kimmi liked it.

Anyone with books without bent spines on the shelves is deeply suspect in my mind. Then again I am the one who begged to buy the biography of Mad Jack Churchill from a museum for a Sapper by post (it is super rare) it arrived and I was keeping it as worthily as possible as a present - only to keep it for myself because Mini Kimmi liked it.
Has it been scanned for distribution as an ebook? I'd like to read that one as i've only ever been able to find tantalising bits and pieces about that extraordinary man.

kimmi851

War Hero
Has it been scanned for distribution as an ebook? I'd like to read that one as i've only ever been able to find tantalising bits and pieces about that extraordinary man.
I don't believe so - it isn't a long one - really it is a pamphlet - but it is written by a close friend of his (its called Jack Churchill, Unlimited Boldness and is by R King-Clark).

In mad men they had a book written in the 80s by web griffin on the shelves, someone noticed and hey presto none actually cared :)

I think now is the right time to ask @Ravers to dig out the photo of the bookshelf at his place, with 'his' addition.

I don't have my camera on when running teams sessions, however if I did then my background would be professionally blank, open the unit behind me though and they'd see this..

20200602_211001.jpg

The dog knows where the mini bonios are.

endure

GCM
What a lot of people need to know is that you use the webcam that's built into your laptop you're giving your audience a fine view up your nose.

Buy a proper webcam FFS

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
I should have sat in front of the bookcase, my collection of WW2 era Nazi propaganda posters on the kitchen wall didn't go down too well - I thought Klaus and Tobias in the Stuttgart office would have got over it by now but apparently not

I always chuck one of landscapes on as a background in zoom. every since the board meeting I fired up zoom and forgot I still had a background of a shark trying to eat my head

No worries about having a messy background

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was in a zoom meeting the other day and one of the other participants was giving me grief because I don’t live in a 3 bedroom semi with a “Live, Laugh, Love” motif on the living room wall, like him.

”Fucks sake Ravers, I bet you strategically placed your screen in a room with massive beams on the ceilings, swords and oil paintings hanging on the walls and a giant fireplace.”

”No mate. Every room in my house is like this. Even the bogs.”

******* peasant.

kimmi851

War Hero
I was in a zoom meeting the other day and one of the other participants was giving me grief because I don’t live in a 3 bedroom semi with a “Live, Laugh, Love” motif on the living room wall, like him.

”Fucks sake Ravers, I bet you strategically placed your screen in a room with massive beams on the ceilings, swords and oil paintings hanging on the walls and a giant fireplace.”

”No mate. Every room in my house is like this. Even the bogs.”

******* peasant.
But do the swords in the loo have to be positioned hanging overhead ominously from the lights just to ensure people don't spend too long in there?

Latest Threads