Local Regiment?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Roar0804, Dec 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if his is a stupid question but what would be my local regiment?
    I live in the West country (Bristol).
    Cheers for the answers.

2. Think nothing of it.

3. Cheers for the quick reply but what do you mean?

4. If you want Infantry go Rifles, there aren't local regiments any more.

5. You mean there aren't "Pals" Battalions anymore?

6. Oh any particular reason?

7. Because the wind is predominatly a North Westerly.

8. there is local regiments and battalions but im not sure every county has 1.just google your question and have alook round there if not ask your careers office

9. Nvm, was wrong :roll:

10. im going for 2mercian and the 3mercian battalions stretch midlands 1is stafford area or its 3. 2is derby nottingham abit of birmingham and worchester and 3or1 is chesire is just no that part not how far it goes out sorry m8

11. The Army's county associations were consigned to the history books last year when four infantry units merged to become The Rifles. Among them were the Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Light Infantry Regiment – the RGBW – which was given the freedom of Bristol in 2002.

The Rifles have now inherited that civic honour, which allows the unit to march through the city streets on all ceremonial occasions with bayonets fixed, drums beating and colours flying.

Just to fill in what CQMS said.

Ilech - you pr1ck - do you get off on picking on not-even-sprogs? Get back in your cave.

12. Okay, thanks for all the information.

13. What no local infantry regiments? What about PWRR (Queens and Royal HAMPSHIRES)?

14. Phone an ACIO in Bristol. Problem solved.

(ACIO - Army Careers Information Office, AFCO will also suffice.)

8)

15. The recruiting areas of each Regiment:

[​IMG]

Yours is indeed The Rifles. How someone imagined that the Mercian Regiment recruited from the South West is beyond me. Clue's in the name....