Local regiment help.

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Juicy-fruit-is-tasty, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone,
    I have two questions that seem quite random but ive asked in other sections and I suppose I should of just started here.

1. What is the local armoured regiment for the Essex/Herts area? I know for the infantry it is the Anglians but im applying to the army soon and I want to go into the RAC and it would be nice to have a look at my local one.

2. My great grandad served in the 10th Hussars, Ive contacted the Hussars museum for information on his service but got no reply. Is there anyone or anyplace I should contact? Ive been to the records office and the army has sent me his service records, but I would like to see if they have anything. It was around the 1912-1925 area.

Any help would be brilliant lads.

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

For info on your grandad you could try HERE, the site is currently down but you will need to provide info such as Regimental Number, service dates etc. You could also try RBL who may offer some help.

If you want to go local why not pop down to your local ACIO who will be only to willing to offer advice and information.
  3. Tankie2ndrtr

Tankie2ndrtr Old-Salt Reviewer

Unless you really want to join your "local" regiment it doesn't matter where your from now days. Your local regiment will recruit from anywhere and almost defiantly wont be based in your town so if its tradition your after i would pop into your local ACIO and ask there.

We have quite a lot of Essex boys in our regiment as we do scousers jocks and Ohhhh arrrrrh west country boys. its a big mix, everyone gets on (ish) as we wear the same cap badge but no one is discriminated against from where they come from... In fact if your ginger i wouldnt bother. lol
  4. SCOTS DG it is then. :wink: