local recruitment

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by abpleasebob, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi everyone, when i joined 1LI in 93-99, the recruiting staff where always pushing for people to join their local regiment. now having been accepted back at the age of 31, and in torquay,devon, the recruiting staff advised by glasgow(lovely people!!) :frustrated: have given me the choice of 22nd cheshire or pow's own. no mention of the rifles !! seems local recruiting has been forgotten for the sake of plugging gaps.is it now just common practice or am i wrong.cheers!!

2. I suspect that the pressure is on to fill the gaps, rather than to send recruits to Regiments that do not need them. Sensible, really.

I dare say that if you stood your ground, Glasgow might crack. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

7 years away? You're in for a bit of a shock!

Litotes

3. could you not just say

'let me join the rifles or i won't sign on'

would this work or would the wieners at glasgow risk losing a potential soldier?

4. yeah could do, but easier to transfer once in the system i hope?.. to Litotes , yeah is going to be a bit different from before thank god im still fit, bft or bpfa or what every its called now at 9:15,and im 31, give some of these young uns a run for there money i hope, thanks for the replies!!! :thumright:

5. Good luck mate , you,ll probably beat most of the sprogs in a PFT .

They should let ya transfer across when ya get to batt, your def right about the plugging gaps bit most batts are like mongrels now .

6. nothing changes....

8. first time i have actually agreed with a german