Local councils now spying on you from up above

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vampireuk, Apr 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/7996753.stm

I wonder how many homes were reported to the police, you know just in case they were doing something illegal. :roll:

2. Councils have been spying on us from above for years. There used to be bi-annual surveys to check on illegally built structures which were not visible from the road.

The question in this case might be; is this a good way to spend taxpayers' money?

3. Well I've written to my MP once regarding the use of taxpayers money to fund their lifestyles and received no response, I'm afraid if I write to them again if they were to do that here they would use the full power of anti-terrorism laws to check if I threw out a bean tin in my food waste bin!

4. Vampire. You are probably right. In September my council is bringing on the wheelie bins with separate boxes for food and tins. The bins will be followed by the Talibin enforcement officers ( on a good salary and pension). if they think that I am washing my cat food tins out they have another think comeing.

local government really is more out of control than national govt.

5. And the "carbon footprint" of the aircraft used for this is......?

6. <an official writes>
    "This will have only a minor effect on the carbon footprint as the surveys will take place while the aircraft is involved in other important council tasks.
    Thes taskss may include, non-exclusively;
    Getter Aldermen to important local functions such as swimming pool or fete openings.
    Ditto fact finding visits to similar urban areas in Europe and elsewhere.
    Locating undesirable elements.
    Letting the public know we care."

7. Thats all ok then!

8. You have to wash out tins and things before recycling them- apparently a single unwashed tin can 'contaminate' an entire batch. So- up and down the country people will be conscientiously washing out their tin- pouring thousands of gallons of water down their sinks in the process. Great for the environment eh... :roll:

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, that's swings and roundabouts mate. Do you have any comprehension of how much it costs to get a boat load of recycling waste to China? The more stuff we can wash off in the UK, the cheaper the boat is.

10. Two things, as the tins are presumably melted down and re-used surely that should cleanse them, like the cleansing fire of the LORD?

Secondly are not the water authorities demanding compulsory water meters?

Wash your waste, use more water, pay more bills, is this really what was meant by "Joined up government?" :?

11. Sorry chaps, I didn't realise the benefits of cleaning up the stuff that I'm throwing away. Now I realise that it will help my beloved council by spreading the cost to each household. The wine bottles are always empty.

No increase in fly tipping expected.

I already have awater meter so I am half way there.

12. Oxfordshire bins are also going to be tagged. 'Just in case the central Government requires us to by law in future' and no doubt in advance of charging per collection. If I have to start paying for my waste collection separately, I'd like a commensurate reduction in my Council Tax please.

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You on drugs?!?

You'll be asking for a reduction in council tax because you're sorting the waste into recyclable and non-recyclable next! 8O

14. How to increase fly tipping and make the countryside look like a tip lesson 1.

(edit) For the welsh valleys insert "more" in between look and like.

15. Interesting; I wonder what happens if the bin's tag were to mysteriously re-write its self (something to do with sunspots. Or mobile telephone masts. Or the ion drives of flying pigs or something) so that it had the same number as the local MP's bin?

I wonder how long it'd take them to notice?