Discussion in 'Sappers' started by trojan1, Mar 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like i am getting posted back 2 sunny Germany again,what is the score with the LOA? is it a rumour that it is being scrapped? can anyone shed any light on this matter?
  2. Not scrapped but has been reviewed and some cuts I think.
  3. Wash your mouth out, Chindit! They are "adjustments" due to changes in the underlying shopping basket! :lol:

4. reduced- find the links on Army Net!!
  5. reduced, so that they may pay orificers far more money which they obviously deserve
  6. How big of a change are we talking?
    Germany is cheap as chips anyway
  7. no longer out there but speak/email mates regular & they say its nowhere near as good financially as it used to be.

sorry can't quote figures.
  8. So you obviously live there then?
  9. Nope country next door, but I have done and wouldn't say no if I had the chance to live there again.
  10. But, you are not military and work for a US Compnay in Holland - so you clearly have agreat understanding of what LOA is and isn't then?
  11. There was a 20% reduction recently. Ring your pay office to get the rates.
  12. Yes I do. Pads brat and spent most of my youth in Germany. Old man had a senior rank so I knew a hell of a lot as a kid.
  13. Not exactly current though unless you are still serving there are you. don't forget 2 years is a long time!
  14. Could be worse you could be going to warminster as a stripey
  15. Seems to me like you got your answer now mate.