Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

LOA Rates decrease!!!!

Got to agree with the tyre thing, but only partially. Yes the initial outlay is costly but surely it all ends up adding to the same ammount at the end of the day, as it will only prelong the life of 1 set of tyres(only used for half the time and distance) therefore not having to buy another set for twice the length of time you would normally.

I may be wrong there, but I'm sure someone will correct me otherwise.

hellfyyr said:
dingerr said:
Can't belive that someone is moaning about LOA, even if it has gone down slightly. I do not know of anyone who receives LOA and is worse off than their UK counterpart. People always try and hang onto their foreign postings for fear of missing out on that extra money.

Stop moaning you ungrateful t**t or get a posting back to the UK.

Do I surmise correctly from your location that you are in BATUS?

If so I know your LOA rate...

If not, why should I simply accept a reduction in a valid allowance (if there is no requirement why does it exist?) because I am currently serving overseas. Should I accept this just because you are not overseas at present?

I have more than done my time in UK fella; if you have no idea of someone's background maybe you should not comment. I suggest you put away the tired "stop moaning" attitude and consider the fact that the MOD is again scrimping and saving without considering all the factors.

I am in BATUS and on a good rate of LOA. I am well off, alot better than in the UK. LOA is not a bonus it is there to off set the extra expense of living outside the UK. Therefore someone posted overseas should be not be any better or worse off financially than someone posted in the UK.

The changes in LOA are not penny pinching they are due to the changes in the FFR. The budget holders gain nothing, soldiers lose nothing. My LOA rate has decreased £10 in the 6 months i have been here but i still get paid the same amount of Canadian dollars.

This is just another repetative thread of people picking a point, not displaying all the facts and just generally being a moaning arse.

Hairy_T_Towel_Holder said:
Hey dude dont be bitter mate, Come to BFG shop in the NAAFI. You would have a heart attack. At least you guys got ASDA, TESCOs and all that. Boxhead clothes make you look like a tramp so you have to order it online that costs. Winter tyres as stated above. Paid for them this year dingerrr ....nope didnt think so. Flip side to the coin though we do get tax free kit but to be honest its used on on fags. What Im saying from the orginal point is yet again the armed forces are getting ripped off from another angle. Last point dingerr I am coming back. It seems to me that you dont get the oppurtunity to travel "Super Garrisoned" never mind fella. You chose yer trade!! ha ha

No of course i havent bought winter tyres, why would i, its only averaging -20C outside so i would have no use for winter tyres.

No i have plenty of opportunity to travel and have done so, i just know that actually we are ALL well provided for and there really is not that much to moan about

Right as someone serving in BFG and being of the clerical ilk, the FFR has not changed for the past 18 months and remains at €1.50 to the £. So why the 2nd change in 12 months to LOA?

Also, A SSgt with 2 kids will be on £18.17 per day until 01 Apr 07, it then goes down to £16.21 per day.

Hope this helps?

Right as someone serving in BFG and being of the clerical ilk, the FFR has not changed for the past 18 months and remains at €1.50 to the £. So why the 2nd change in 12 months to LOA?

Also, A SSgt with 2 kids will be on £18.17 per day until 01 Apr 07, it then goes down to £16.21 per day.

Hope this helps?

How can any SNCO of sound mind, moan about the LOA rates anywhere. The rates generally compensate and if youn are careful, with a little local knowledge, you can make your LOA go that little further.

One three year tour to BAOR at 16 pounds a day, will have Mr Brown paying for your nice new BMW.

Try shopping at Aldi and stop moaning.

dingerr said:
Hairy_T_Towel_Holder said:
Hey dude dont be bitter mate, Come to BFG shop in the NAAFI. You would have a heart attack. At least you guys got ASDA, TESCOs and all that. Boxhead clothes make you look like a tramp so you have to order it online that costs. Winter tyres as stated above. Paid for them this year dingerrr ....nope didnt think so. Flip side to the coin though we do get tax free kit but to be honest its used on on fags. What Im saying from the orginal point is yet again the armed forces are getting ripped off from another angle. Last point dingerr I am coming back. It seems to me that you dont get the oppurtunity to travel "Super Garrisoned" never mind fella. You chose yer trade!! ha ha

No of course i havent bought winter tyres, why would i, its only averaging -20C outside so i would have no use for winter tyres.

No i have plenty of opportunity to travel and have done so, i just know that actually we are ALL well provided for and there really is not that much to moan about

Great someone from BATUS. I should be getting posted there soon and would like to know the LOA please do tell for a Sgt with 3 kids.

Cheers