loa overpayment

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by thebull047, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last year i was told I was under investigation for an overpayment in op allowance from 2007. After investigation I received a full letter of apology stating that at the time i paid the money back.

Now 3 years later, once again I am under investigation for receiving LOA when I wasn't entitled.

How come it takes 3 years for this to come to light?

If i am told by the clerk I am entitled how come he is not under investigation?

What would happen if I had left the Army?

Am I the only one this is happening to?

I have been in the army 15 years and am well aware we are not a civilian company but if this was to happen in the civilian sector there would be no way that this could be clawed back, and the advice given at the time would not be able to be re-tracted. After all someone has to click the pay button on jpa.

2. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

I would not worry about this too much. I received the same letter. How I ended up on their list having supposedly received Op allowance and LOA when I was not even serving in a country that receives LOA (UK) and the fact they never paid me does not make sense. I have made 3 appointments now to sort this out and each time it is cancelled.

I am now taking the view of they will need to track me down as I am no longer chasing after this.

3. I think that the problem is that when you are given over payments, well you just can not turn it down. You have got to go for it mate!

4. [/quote] I have been in the army 15 years and am well aware we are not a civilian company but if this was to happen in the civilian sector there would be no way that this could be clawed back, and the advice given at the time would not be able to be re-tracted. After all someone has to click the pay button on jpa.[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you but civilian companies do grab overpaid monies. I'm a shift worker in the telecoms sector and my shift allowance was overpaid for working boxing day (which my company now considers to be an ordinary day) so they took the money back in Februarys pay, ouch.