LOA + LSA in Kenya

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by jewboy999, Sep 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there

I am due to go on posting to Kenya for 6months and cant find the rates of LOA or LSA, my clerk didn't seem to be able to find it either, could anyone shed some light on this for me??

Thanks in advance

JB

• Like Like x 1
  2. LOA in Kenya, its meant to bring your standard of living upto the equiv of being in the UK so you owe the Army most of your wages lol.

As for LSA how many days have you got or what level are you on?

And if your clerk cant answer those questions then you are hated and have been mugged off by the clerk as they are easy ones to answer

3. Resurrecting this in the hope it will answer the question... It seems to be one I'm asked often.

Currently, you only receive LOA for Kenya if you are permanently assigned and are married accompanied. If you are single/unaccompanied, then field conditions are granted thus eliminating LOA.

As Heart says, your LSA rate is dependent on how many LSA days you have accrued, which should be on the bottom of pay statements. get the rates off your HR - I can only remember lvl 1 being £6.69.

Another one of those cost saving measures everybody loves so much, but Kenya is cheap as chips anyway =)