LOA for the Falklands?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by MrBane, Nov 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Hullo all,

Shortage of immediate knowledge so can anyone tell me if you get LOA for the Falklands?

Cheers!

2. Yes, LOA is available for the Falklands, although not for single blokes it appears from the rates. Take a look at the SPVA info centre library available through the JPA portal for rates or ask your HR staff to direct you

3. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not got access to any of that right now unfortunately. I'm MLI and am off there for two weeks for PRT stuff. Cheers though, I'll go take a look at it and get it squared before I fly.

4. LOA is only available for those on accompanied tours IIRC. For everyone else it's just seen as a semi-Op tour, so no food or accommodation charges.

5. i think you also get LSA, well i hope you do as i'm going there for 6 months

6. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

FFS we never got it in 82!!!! you youngsters dont know your born.

• Like Like x 1
  7. alright, i spent 10 days there last month. Yo udon't get LOA, you get a phonecard for 30 mins every monday and LSSA.

Only married accompanied get LOA

8. LOA!FFS theres nothing to spend your money on lolEnjoy it mate and hammer the gyms there fantastic chance to get fit.

9. Nothing to spend your money on except The Crab and Sprocket, Harbour Lights, Timmies, and if you go down Stanley theres always that top night club The Globe........and yes as above LSSA and a weekly phone card.beast yourself in the gym/squash courts and swimming pool every evening then enjoy the night life.

10. You get the Scottish distant Islands Allowance surely.

11. And party hard like you've never partied before. Any less is a confession to being a latant homosexual