LOA for family with quarter retention in Germany.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by C.APTC, Nov 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Troops, Im currently in Iraq, I am on an OCE post so attached to Nottingham but my family are still in my last german quarter with retention of quarter till my return and subsiquent posting, again in germany. Does anyone know if I should be getting LOA for my family, I think I should but it was stopped this month and cant call anyone toll Mon!! Bonus. So if you know can you comment. Cheers

2. If you have authority to retain your quarter from the HCSO, then you should also keep the Married Accompanied LOA Rates.

That's what happened to me when I was out there on an OCE post in 2008/2009.

If it has stopped then you need to speak to the RAO in Chilwell to get them to restart it, but you may need to provide a copy of your authority to retain your quarter and LOA for them.

3. are u still getting loa?

is yr misses still in germany?

4. Hi guys, thanks for the response, yeah the mrs is still and yes we got retention of quarter from the HCSO and letter etc. I was in fally but have finished with the unit, though the mrs still works for them and have the quarter through them, when i return i am off to Paderborn. So sounds like I should be getting the LOA then?? Did you get all of it or a reduced rate and you say you were OCE through Chillwell too??
    C

5. As long as your family remain in Germany while you are deploye then you keep the full LOA Rates as if you were still there.

If she leaves the country even for only 1 day then you should have the MA+1 Child rate for your rank deducted from your LOA.

Something to be aware of if she goes back to the UK for your 2 Concessionary Famililies Travel flights.

6. Mate you have been oploc'd wrong

Your daughter is in the UK whilst mrs is in Germany.

Speak to the OPLOC Cell in theatre