Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by STEVEP, Apr 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am being posted to Germany. On the plus side promotion to SSgt. On the negative side, Wife was earning £1000 a month. I will be as previously stated SSgt, accompanied with 1 child. We don't drink or smoke. Question is guys, is the LOA enough to compensate for the loss of earnings if we shop at Lidle's etc.

Many thanks
  2. what does the wife do. remember its tax free wages for her, fuel is cheap etc
  3. She is a qualified Dental Nurse.
  4. so where you going in BFG..hopefully a big garrison hello BWM
  5. JHQ Rheindahlen for my sins...
  6. BAOR cough splutter BAOR

I suppose you want paying in f*cking Duetchmarks as well

harrumph :wink:

JHQ so not planning on satying long then

queue outstanding :roll:
  7. missus should beable to get a job there, hopefully but any job she gets will be tax free....i gave you a clue on BFG
  8. i cant see it going for at least 3 years, and as he calls it boar he wont have three years left...
  9. The good thing about getting a job with the GLSU at the moment is that they pay a rate that hasn’t been affected by the exchange rates.

With the fall of the pound some dependants have in effect got a very nice pay rise. It wont last though, someone will eventually spoil the fun

Only three years your very optimistic, a certain Regt that flys small aircraft have been leaving since at least 2003 and are still there
  10. OK I stand corrected. BFG. It has been 16 years since I left there. 7 years left so I could be there for a while. Worst case scenario I assume with the LOA is that I won't feel the hit too much. You can pay me in Deutchmarks, dollars, pesetas for all I care. I just dont want to be worse off. One gets accustomed to a certain lifestyle.
  11. first time ever i have been buying stuff for the uk, but as stated wifey will get paid in euros probably at the ffr or more
  12. Thanks Guys