LOA at Shriv?

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by crimsontide, Jan 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am under the impression that you can retain your current quarter whilst you attend ICSC. I am currently based in Germany and really only want to move once, however if I do leave my wife and child in German whilst I attend will I lose my LOA?
  2. yes unless you apply to UKSCG for G1 retention of MSQ and status. Even then its not a done deal
  3. Presumably this would only be looked on favourably if I was returning to Germany after Shriv?
  4. yes or your spouse is working in a high profile job, ie nurse, teacher etc.

It would also allow her to shop in NAAFI and keep a tax free car (if u have one)

If your present BFG unit is 'willing to sponsor her' whilst you are away on course (ie msq/welfare issues) then that to helps the case
  5. When I did ICSC(L) 2 it was absolutely explicit: you could elect to retain your existing quarter until posted at the end of the course. There were other options, and I elected to move to Shrivenham and then move again to my initial staff posting. I have a feeling that the course's policy may not have matched with REAL MoD policy and it caused a few problems, particularly with those based in Germany.

As an aside, if I were to do the course again I would go unaccompanied, simply because I found home life too much of a distraction from my studies. Those who lived in the messes seemed to have a raucous social life AND get more work done. But then the top student was married accompanied as well, so it's a weak excuse!