• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

LOA at Shriv?

I am under the impression that you can retain your current quarter whilst you attend ICSC. I am currently based in Germany and really only want to move once, however if I do leave my wife and child in German whilst I attend will I lose my LOA?

yes unless you apply to UKSCG for G1 retention of MSQ and status. Even then its not a done deal

yes or your spouse is working in a high profile job, ie nurse, teacher etc.

It would also allow her to shop in NAAFI and keep a tax free car (if u have one)

If your present BFG unit is 'willing to sponsor her' whilst you are away on course (ie msq/welfare issues) then that to helps the case

crimsontide said:
I am under the impression that you can retain your current quarter whilst you attend ICSC. I am currently based in Germany and really only want to move once, however if I do leave my wife and child in German whilst I attend will I lose my LOA?
When I did ICSC(L) 2 it was absolutely explicit: you could elect to retain your existing quarter until posted at the end of the course. There were other options, and I elected to move to Shrivenham and then move again to my initial staff posting. I have a feeling that the course's policy may not have matched with REAL MoD policy and it caused a few problems, particularly with those based in Germany.

As an aside, if I were to do the course again I would go unaccompanied, simply because I found home life too much of a distraction from my studies. Those who lived in the messes seemed to have a raucous social life AND get more work done. But then the top student was married accompanied as well, so it's a weak excuse!