Lloyds TSB - Anyone work for them ?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by IDONTNEEDAHAIRCUT, Oct 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yep, I work for HBOS so would appreciate any info on my future employers support for reserves seeing as I've got 6 weeks booked out next year for TA courses/camps etc !

2. msr

msr LE

I'd be more concerned about the future of your employer....
  3. Are you branch based?
  4. I'll let those who get paid a lot more than me worry about that and as there is nothing I can do to influence that sort of thing I'm all self, self, self.

I'm looking forward to two weeks in the USA if I get on the exchange programme this year, but if Lloyds aren't as accomodating as HBOS I'll have to withdraw my application. I'm not looking forward to my two weeks in Blandford on my SCLM as much but it will have to take priority :D

Enigma - No I work in a central IT team.
  5. msr

msr LE

6. Continuing the off thread theme. I have a not insubstantial sum in the Halifax, both in current account and 3 ISAs (One for each member of the family). Would I be wise to shift it, or is it safe leaving it where it is? In total there is below the £35,000 figure that is being thrown about
  7. Legs, If it's under 35k then your covered by law.
  8. Well, according to the government...
  9. Unless cash ISA's are they not counted as investments and not covered??
  10. msr

msr LE

Almost: Savers have 100 per cent protection on just £2,000 of their deposits, with the subsequent £33,000 being only 90 per cent guaranteed.

That meant that a saver with a crisis-hit bank would be guaranteed to keep only £31,700 of his £35,000 savings - a situation which has contributed to uncertainty among the general public about financial institutions.
  11. Hi mate, check your P.M's
  12. Cheers for that MSR, I was just going off of the propaganda e-mail I got at work from the powers that be :D
  13. msr

msr LE

The compensation limit for savings will go up to £50,000 from next week, the FSA confirms. More soon.