Lizards

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by TheKnave, Jul 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has recently come to my attention that a small part of the Corps are now referring to IS types (ADP Spec all the way through to CSE (I)) as Lizards.

Its about time there was a proper term for them.

2. Lizards??

Never heard that myself - in the not too distant past - 2yrs I retraded to CSE so being one of the new breed im probably not privvy to what the corps is calling my fellow tradesmen and I - I did think Geek was the title of preference however I could be wrong.

Should you all be lost for ideas of a name I can offer one I feel would be appropriate - It was used for the trade I used to be and deep down still am despite the fact that it has now long since died a death - (TG) and the name would be GOD.

3. Geek is too general and could describe people outside the Corps and the armed forces.

God is just a blatant lie.

4. Hi guys,

We IS type are now known as LIZARDS. there is even a group on facebook

Welcome to Facebook

regards

JB

5. You've never heard them called Coneheads??

But surely it has to be IS Chimps. Or just simply Chimps.

I mean it can be misheard as Gimps and they are nothing more than cable monkeys and box swappers of a monkey see, monkey do of the lowest order.

For less than obviously reasons and to quote Les Grossman

'But seriously a nutless monkey could do your job!!'

6. Yes but that can mean inbreds from Blandford (or anywhere along the south coast) as well. They need their own, unique name.

7. Why? Aren't we all one big family?

8. Yes we are but Communications Systems Engineer (Information Systems) or Foreman of Signals (Information Systems) doesn't really roll off the tongue as easily as Lizard.

9. Crikey, I bet you don't like the sound of the snappily-titled Driver Lineman Storeman either.

We should probably take CSE(I) out the equation as they are on the way out. Plus call me Mister Picky, but it seems a bit late in the day to switch from "conehead" to "lizard" a whole decade after the ADPs died out.

10. 2 syllables easier than 17. Conehead can be confused with other things. Lizard just seems to fit.

You don't have to like it. Just heard it and thought it was funny just as asking storemen where their linebelt is is funny.

11. I think Lizard is spot on.. they are obviously some sub specie of scaleyback

1. Spend most of their time sunning themselves somewhere at the back of a shed.
    2. When approached, scurry away into dark corners.
    3. When cornered, can give you a nasty bite.
    4. Certainly as reliable and trustworthy as your average lizard..

(don't know about bits of their anatomy falling off when grabbed.. not done that - don't really want to try!)

12. That's a fair one, I can't argue your logic.

13. Nice one JewBoy. There are some quality pics on there. How exactly do you play "Rock, Scissors, Paper, Lizard, Spock"?

14. The group has now broken the 150 members barrier as well.

15. Are those that have retraded to be known as Chameleons?