Lizamoon attack.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Office_Boy, Apr 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Think I may have been hit with this also, was just reading a thread around quarter to 7 when suddenly without any clicking on anything my page began redirecting me and my mouse wouldn't work to shut down the tab.

I hit and held the off switch and on restarting later and scanning I'm virus free but think I may just have been lucky.
  2. Malwarebytes

Download the free version, update it and run the full scan. You might be surprised what it finds!
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

ah, so this is whats been going on. encountered this a few times over the last few days - was worried it was my system. malwarebytes is indeed chugging away through a full scan as we speak and has been since about 6ish.
  4. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yep has happened twice today, and once yestrerday. Have stripped out my system twice and re run all anti-virus software, incl. malwarebytes
  5. Re-run Malwarebytes with Windows in safe-mode, too.
  6. ta for the link downloaded and ran it when I came in from my night out.

Nothing found but when I was running it I was half cut and fell asleep, waking up just now to the notepad screen at the end thinking "f******ck" as in my disorientation I thought it was a virus haha :)
    moral of the story: do things sober!
  7. I've had something similar, just spent 30 mins on the phone trying to get it fixed. Unsuccessfully. This; appears briefly in the search field before diverting to any old crap.
  8. Yes, got diverted to a place offering me free scans, warning of trojans and similar horrors, closed the tab, opened another one and all was well.
  9. Similar experience but closed " daughter window " before download completed and I had just updated Malwarebytes ... ran a full scan with this and preinstalled antivirus package ... no viruses detected .

Edited to add ... more info and reassurance here ... worth a read ... linky ... How to Defeat Lizamoon in One Easy Step | News & Opinion |
  10. Nice one , thanks for the heads up Scan up and running .
  11. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Also got this last night. paniced and woke Ms Skid2 up to deal with it.
  12. Think this ****** got me as well, got rid of it by starting up in safe mode and networking ran my superantispyware and all is well again. But this is where I need some help I've only used freebee computer protection whats the best and value for money one to get.
  13. I've been using Comodo Internet Security for ages. It's free and has always warned me if anything even slightly suspicious is going on. In fact, it was my total confidence in Comodo that let me know that Lizamoon's attempt to scare me was a load of bollocks.
  14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

between windows firewall, avast and malwarebytes you should be pretty well covered. and no need to spend any money.