Living on the edge.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Those of you who have read my gash dits thread will have probably gathered that I'm a man who gets a kick from living dangerously. There are few things better than the rush of adrenaline as you do something that could cost you your life or even just something that might get you into a lot of trouble.

I suppose it's something common to those in the Forces, we strive to push ourselves to the limit. At work we place ourselves into dangerous situations as a matter of course and in our spare time we are more likely to partake in dangerous activities such as extreme sports; scuba diving, skiing, parachuting etc.

It was Eleanor Roosevelt who famously said "do one thing everyday that scares you."

Good advice I think.

So what have you done today that was close to the limit? Something that might have got you into serious trouble or caused you potential injury or death, yet made you feel alive?

My personal dose of danger came today when I troughed a Ken Hom Chinese stir fry microwave meal that was 3 days out of date. The lid wasn't even on it properly. It'd been leaking in my bag all day on one of the hottest days of the year.

I'm expecting tomorrow could be interesting. Like I said, I like to live on the edge.

Hardcore.

Ritch

LE
So what have you done today that was close to the limit? Something that might have got you into serious trouble or caused you potential injury or death, yet made you feel alive?
I got out of bed.

My days are doing something stupid are firmly behind me. I'm only 25.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using ARRSE mobile app

The_Duke

LE
I really pushed the boundaries at lunchtime today. I had never tried the Muscadet in this particular wine bar so it was a bit of a leap of faith.

Thankfully my daring paid off and it was very pleasant.

(Wanders off whistling "Life in the fast lane")

I ate raspberries off the bush this afternoon after sticking my fingers in some nicely rotted manure, without washing my hands

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
With all this wanton disregard for personal safety, we should start an Arrse version of Jackass.

Bagsy not being the one who sticks the toy car up his jalfrezi chute.

arrse jackass on the job

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Those of you who have read my gash dits thread will have probably gathered that I'm a man who gets a kick from living dangerously. There are few things better than the rush of adrenaline as you do something that could cost you your life or even just something that might get you into a lot of trouble.

I suppose it's something common to those in the Forces, we strive to push ourselves to the limit. At work we place ourselves into dangerous situations as a matter of course and in our spare time we are more likely to partake in dangerous activities such as extreme sports; scuba diving, skiing, parachuting etc.

It was Eleanor Roosevelt who famously said "do one thing everyday that scares you."

Good advice I think.

My personal dose of danger came today when I troughed a Ken Hom Chinese stir fry microwave meal that was 3 days out of date. The lid wasn't even on it properly. It'd been leaking in my bag all day on one of the hottest days of the year.

I'm expecting tomorrow could be interesting. Like I said, I like to live on the edge.

Hardcore.
Don't know about the edge, I think you'll be living on the bog.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I drove my Bedford down a tiny road that a double decker was stuck on this morning.
On the edge.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

T

Tinman74

I ate raspberries off the bush this afternoon after sticking my fingers in some nicely rotted manure, without washing my hands
Gibsons berries, now that's tasty!

dontenn

War Hero
Waking up along side Mrs DT every morning........ challenging... bless her.

I had a hash brown on my eleven o'clock bacon roll this morning and didn't once think about the cholesterol.

Rock'n'roll, or what?

I fucked the wife again recently, she'll be thinking I love her still.........;-)
I was out with an old mate and his partner of 8 years recently, he has a refreshing honest approach to relationships

She said " do you love me still"

He said, without an ounce of humour or sarcasm "course I don't, you're fat, lazy and a pain in the arse, i'm only here because its cheaper than renting on me own"

"Give over crying, you know its true"

Do you know I did the same and at the same time.

We're made for each other.

Latest Threads