Living off Camp


Just a quick one, i'm based in Germany at the moment, would like to get my own place out of camp, under what circumstances can you live off camp? Or is it a case of if you are prepared to pay for your own place you can live there?

Also how does one go about doing this? Who would i speak to first?


I only know for the UK - Germany may be different.

To live off camp through personal choice the Army will offer no financial support as it is essentially your decision. If your genuine service needs (that you are eligible to) cannot be met then you can apply for SSSA (you will also receive FIA) and rent accomodation.

In the first instance you should apply to your CO for permission to live out.

New Posts

Latest Threads