living in transit accommodation on a permanent basis

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by starchild85, Sep 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been posted. Moved into a transit block and now been told we may be staying in transit on a permanent basis.

Anyone else have experience of this?

Anyone know of any regs which would help/ which sets down rules on what accomodation should be like? I have JSP 464.

HELP!!

2. 3 out of my 4 main postings were spent in either transit or sub standard accomodation.

Get a life man up or get out !

3. goodness me.... how outrageous, should have seen the state of roman way stallag, colly in the late 80's. Get over it mate and crack on! Get yer self a local bint with her own pad and washing machine/dryer. Worked for me.

4. Or, if you're after a helpful-ish answer:

If you're in transit accomodation, and it's sub-standard, you should not be paying for it. While this may be of little comfort to you, just think of the extra cash.

5. And this is a problem??

6. You shouldn't be getting billed if you live in Transit, or if it is so carp you wouldn't put immigrants/prisoners/chav benefit types in it.

Speak to your CoC/RAOs.

And ask if there is ANY chance of moving in to better accomodation. If not, ask if you can have a go at making your existing accomdation more hospitable.

Quick lick of paint, get some extra furniture from QMs and you're on to a winner.

7. You should have been in the Permanent Staff accomodation at Chepstow, that was condemed and as soon the AAC left they knocked it down

8. Yeah, yeah, but you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

How about allowing someone who is serving now to ask a reasonable fecking question.

9. Not only that but remember the boys and girls now are actually fighting wars in between returning to their accomodation. It isn't Active Edge on the IGB with a few crates of German Pils for company, before back to the barracks quick wash down and more drinky poos.